Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
That Regular Guy
10,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any have this or ever used it? I just got one for my birthday, turned it on and I hear a rattling already, so far I'm not impressed.

·
9k All Day.
3,449 Posts
It's a piece.

I actually asked tis same question and they said they would shoot me if i bought it. :lmao
honestly, its not something to even waste your time with, and since it's a rotary, it has a STEEP learning curve, which is mainly the reason only professionals use them.

if you can, take it back and put the money towards a PC, GG, Flex, Or Megs DA. :yes

·
That Regular Guy
10,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's what I thought...what should I be looking at?

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Vince already pointed them out, Porter Cable 7424 - Griots Garage Polisher - Flex XC 3401 VRG - Meguiars G110. I have only used the PC and it has the easiest learning curve. I cannot personally comment on the three other machines but they are all good in their own ways.

·
That Regular Guy
10,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've buffed and polished plenty of times, I just don't have my own. Haha. I was looking at a dewalt DW849. My uncle uses only those in his business. He loves em.

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
If you can use a rotary, then by all means get the DeWalt. I have a PC 7428 rotary which is heavily based off of the DeWalt as far as weight and operation go and I love it.

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
That's what I thought...what should I be looking at?
PC7424, Meguiars G100 or G110, Griots Garage DA, Flex 3401VRG.

I've buffed and polished plenty of times, I just don't have my own. Haha. I was looking at a dewalt DW849. My uncle uses only those in his business. He loves em.
If you can use a rotary, then by all means get the DeWalt. I have a PC 7428 rotary which is heavily based off of the DeWalt as far as weight and operation go and I love it.
Exactly and if you don't know how to use it than stay away right now.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
If you know what your doing with a rotary I would get either the new Flex PE, Festool Shinex US version, or Makita 9227C. I have the Makita 9227C and its great and doesnt weight alot like the Dewalt and also is not as expensive as the New Flex or the Festool Shinex. If you dont know what you are doing with a rotary then get a Flex 3401 or other D/A similar polisher.

·
That Regular Guy
10,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I found a dewalt for 160. So I'm leaning towards that a little more just because of my budget.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts