Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, all here at Modded Mustang people. Im somewhat new to this forum, and ive been doing alot of reading and have found alot of great info here.

Im located in the Chicago last area and i was wondering if there he anyone out there with a unlocked Sct Tunner that would like to make a few bucks and up load a 93 tune to my vehicle. Thank you very much. Note emails below or just send me a message. Thank you all and good to be part of this forum.:D

·
Yut Yut Devil Dog
4,591 Posts
It doesn't work like that man. Once a tuner is used than it can only be used on that vehicle. So, if someone was to tune your vehicle, they can no longer use that tuner. I recommend just buying your own if you plan on keeping and upgrading your Moo-tang. Congrats by the way on your cherry. Welcome!

Where in Chi-Town are your from? I'm from Round Lake.

Post pics of your ride!!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From my understanding, and from what ive been reading from others post is that if you unlock a tunner or have it unlocked somehow, you can utilize it on more than one car.

Thank you for the welcome and im located in the wheeling area. I will post some pics shortly. Thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
From my understanding, and from what ive been reading from others post is that if you unlock a tunner or have it unlocked somehow, you can utilize it on more than one car.

Thank you for the welcome and im located in the wheeling area. I will post some pics shortly. Thanks

·
BWAL Is My Hero
15,891 Posts
Doesn't work that way anymore. It may have in the past, but not know. A Calibrator (Tuner) buys a license for each car on SCT. The license part is basically hard coded into the device when you order it. The only way to get a device "unlocked" from a car is to call SCT and pay the same amount a license costs basically.

Maybe it can be "jail broken" but it would take a software engineer to do and it would be very illegal. If you find someone that can do this for you, or say they can, be careful. If it sounds to good to be true, it often is.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gotcha. Thank you for your post and help. Well then, I guess things have been made clear. I'll just go ahead and buy one then.. I guess theres no point in buying a used one then. Wouldn't work on another car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts