Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Dont know if it's the same for the mach, but when I put my cobra one on, I had to redrill/clearout some of the holes for the plastic push pins to fit through.

Some people like nuts and bolts instead of the push pins, but I havent had any problems yet with push pins.

Painters tape if you're worried about scratching your paint. If its not bendable, leave it in the sun for a bit.

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
i used 1/4" self tapping screws and it sucked it VERY tight!

·
Registered
208 Posts
make sure you flush it up at the front of the wheel opening and not with the front of the bumper, its supposed to sit back from the lead edge of the bumper. I did mine wrong the first time then wound up redrilling all the holes
before

after

but you probably knew that, it seems I'm the only one I've come across who didn't know
maybe I should have researched like your doing

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
mine came out like the ^too. I left it though as i didnt like it sitting up under the lip.

·
Registered
208 Posts
mine came with bolts and locking nuts a few were a little tough to get to but not bad

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
oh and use some masking or the green paint tape to hold it to ur car while you drill an few holes to get it bolted up

·
Penetration before detonation
2,189 Posts
make sure you flush it up at the front of the wheel opening and not with the front of the bumper, its supposed to sit back from the lead edge of the bumper. I did mine wrong the first time then wound up redrilling all the holes
+1. As soon as I get a chance, I'm drilling out the rivets that I put in and fixing it. I have like an inch on the driver's side missing from the bumper. That's what happens when you don't take the time to line it all up and do it right the first time!

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
yeah the self tappers do it nice.!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts