Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
needs more boost
4,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys so I just bought a chin spoiler from american muscle thats for 99-04 mustangs and it doesnt seem to fit :( are they supposed to line up perfectly with the wheel well or are they usually an inch or so short on the sides? any feedback will be greatly appriciated!

·
Registered
402 Posts
I thought mine didn't line up at first but it was just pushed too far back... try moving it slightly forward. But I got mine from there and although it doesnt fit perfectly it doesnt hang over by an inch on each side.

·
Registered
532 Posts
there not suppose to line up with the edge of the front bumper its suppose to line up on both wheel wells and it sits a about a quarter inch or so back on the front of the bumper if you put it on right

·
Registered
402 Posts
there not suppose to line up with the edge of the front bumper its suppose to line up on both wheel wells and it sits a about a quarter inch or so back on the front of the bumper if you put it on right
Not mine and I got it from AM... If I put it behind the edge of the front bumper then it stuck out of the wheel wells.

·
Banned
17,374 Posts
OE mach chins sit flush with the wheel wells and around a 1/4" behind the front bumper...

Some aftermarket chins line up flush with both...some don't

Late Model Restorations Chins line up like OE chins and are in the factory matte instead of AM's glossy finish...that and it's cheaper (that part is for people who want to get a chin)

so basically OP flush it up with the wheel wells...if it flushes the front thats fine...if it doesn't thats fine too :yes

·
Registered
532 Posts
ya my friend bought his and the guy lined it up with one side and never looked before he put it on and its flush on one side and the other is like an inch from the edge of the wheel well...looks goofy as hell

·
Registered
890 Posts
My friend told me that I was supposed to leave the chin spoiler in the sun so It can strech out but idk

·
Jackpot, fishypoopypants!
1,986 Posts
When I got mine it was folded up in a box. I was disappointed when I saw that. I've had to let it sit out flat on my floor for a while to let it work the kinks out. That's the only real reason to let it sit out; putting it in the sun will warm it up, making it softer and relaxing it faster, but you don't have to. Just lay it flat on the floor if it has kinks and they will smooth out.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I preferred mine lined up with the front of the bumper, had about a 1/4 to half inch of space from the wheel well. Its all about preference.

·
Registered
532 Posts
imo i think if it lines right up with the front it looks like a duck bill :p

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
Late Model:

*mine also came folded up in the box. The sun doesn't make it grow but it will help it flex and stuff, which will help get some of those kinks out

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
OE mach chins sit flush with the wheel wells and around a 1/4" behind the front bumper...

Some aftermarket chins line up flush with both...some don't

Late Model Restorations Chins line up like OE chins and are in the factory matte instead of AM's glossy finish...that and it's cheaper (that part is for people who want to get a chin)

so basically OP flush it up with the wheel wells...if it flushes the front thats fine...if it doesn't thats fine too :yes
I'm diggin the new sig.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts