Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
with the work i have done, would a chip be ideal? has anyone been in this situation?

·
Registered
910 Posts
With all that you have done...a dyno burned chip would probably be the way to go. You could email joe at tricktuners and talk to him if you didnt wanna dyno tune.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
with the head/cam work you have done, i would say you would benefit much more from a proper dyno tune. i would just skip any cheap shortcuts (i.e. a chip) and just get the tune.. or save for it if your car runs alright now.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no it doesnt..its under construction..its really been pissin me off..i just need to get it right..and the guy i thought was a good guy who did alot of **** for me cause i was gone for a few months and needed it when i got bac i think was a bunch of bullshit..

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
if it's running really rough, i think your only solution would be to take it to a good dyno tuner. a good tuner will not only help it run like a dream... but he can pull ponies out of it that you didn't know were there. i took my 02 to a dyno after i did my cam work and i ended up with about 20 more hp than i went in there with. its totally worth it man.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
no its very smooth..wen its running it does run pretty good...how much did you pay for that..i kno everyone is a little different..

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
i paid around $450. he had a standard flat rate (i forget what that was) then he charged by the hour for the actual tuning he did. a lot of places do it differently tho.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yea thunder racing i asked how much a tune was and they said like 125 an hour and i laughed and hung up the phone on the guy..and the guy who worked on it for me said he tuned it..but i know it was never put onto a dyno

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
yea thunder racing i asked how much a tune was and they said like 125 an hour and i laughed and hung up the phone on the guy..and the guy who worked on it for me said he tuned it..but i know it was never put onto a dyno

yeah probably not.. he probably just screwed around with the timing and said that he tuned it. well, a dyno gets a lot more done than that my friend. i hope you told him to piss off.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
the guy who did the work owns extreme motorsports..but doesnt have a dyno..and i kno thunder did.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts