Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, guys Im needing experienced people here. lol

can anyone tell me if they or someone they know have tried Coast high performance before?

how was the service?

how long did it take to get what they ordered?

and was it well put together?

I need stories people!

·
Registered
213 Posts
I ordered a 363 from them 5 weeks ago. Hasn't shipped yet but they advertise 6-8 weeks on their site. When I called to order the normal sales rep was on vacation so I spoke with Mark O'neal (owner of chp and probe). He was a realy nice guy and shot the **** with me for about a half hour. He said they are moving the business to Tennessee in the near future. I'm going to call today and see if I can get an estimated ship date from them because I'm getting ancy. Will update on customer experience when I have more info.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
I've put 3 of their 347's togather, and they all worked great. I've also got a 427w kit and a 410ci Mopar kit from them, all nice quality stuff! I usually talk to Eric Cady. He has always helped me with any question/issues that I've had.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I ordered a 363 from them 5 weeks ago. Hasn't shipped yet but they advertise 6-8 weeks on their site. When I called to order the normal sales rep was on vacation so I spoke with Mark O'neal (owner of chp and probe). He was a realy nice guy and shot the **** with me for about a half hour. He said they are moving the business to Tennessee in the near future. I'm going to call today and see if I can get an estimated ship date from them because I'm getting ancy. Will update on customer experience when I have more info.
cool man, keep me posted!

I've put 3 of their 347's togather, and they all worked great. I've also got a 427w kit and a 410ci Mopar kit from them, all nice quality stuff! I usually talk to Eric Cady. He has always helped me with any question/issues that I've had.
good to hear. I want to order something fairly quickly as I only have the summer to do stuff because of college.

so you think I will have time to get it?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Called them yesterday and they said it was in the "build process" and would take another week and a half to two weeks so that would put them close to the 8 week mark to deliver a long block. I'll post again with the actual ship date. I don't know what their "build process" is but it seems like they should be able to build it in a couple days once they get started on it. Anyway I have had the new transmission and clutch sitting at the shop for about two months now and about another 2500 worth of **** in my shed so I'm ready to get this thing going. The guy at the shop is probably getting sick of storing my ****.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Called them yesterday and they said it was in the "build process" and would take another week and a half to two weeks so that would put them close to the 8 week mark to deliver a long block. I'll post again with the actual ship date. I don't know what their "build process" is but it seems like they should be able to build it in a couple days once they get started on it. Anyway I have had the new transmission and clutch sitting at the shop for about two months now and about another 2500 worth of **** in my shed so I'm ready to get this thing going. The guy at the shop is probably getting sick of storing my ****.
I callled and talked to a guy named Eric and he assured me when I ordered that it would take four weeks to get to my door.

it is only a short block, maybe that makes a difference? lol

But I plan on ordering in the next couple weeks.

unless I hear something really negative towards them I will most likely use CHP.

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
CHP is great stuff, I didn"t deal with them directly though, I got mine from Jim at ford strokers, and would recommend him to anyone!

·
Registered
213 Posts
Woody and Mark have a working relationship. I have seen them bull-shitting in threads over at Corral. Woody uses probe stuff in his builds.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's what I like to hear!

ok let me see what you guys think about this.

The guy at CHP was talking heads with me for a little bit. I told him I was looking at the CNC 205cc trick flow tw heads. I told him I was looking for around 500 at the flywheel.

He recommended AFR 205cc heads that they were a much better head.

I know on here most everyone loves the trick flows.

what do you guys think about this?

·
Registered
213 Posts
I don't know if a 205 head is appropriate for a 347 or not. I price a build from the local builder and he was trying to talk me into the 185 for a 363 build. I think the size of the combustion chamber matters so if it is a big bore 347 it may be more important to go with a 205 but if it is a stock block bore 347 maybe you should go with the 185. I think you give up low end torque for high rpm hp with the bigger head. The local guy was telling me that the 185 was a better head for the street. As far at TFS vs AFR I really don't know which one is better.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Why would you go 185s if you have the money to go 205s? Wont the 205s make more power throughout the powerband than the 185s with the right compression?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts