Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, long time reader but first post here.

alright guys i need opinions. after hearing all of your praises about them i got a pair of mac longtubes for xmas and i cant decide what midpipe to go with. everything ive read says prochamber, however here is my dilemma. im a college student on a budget and $400 for a midpipe is a bit out of my reach.

it looks like ill have to take the headers to a shop to install them since i dont have access to a garage and only have limited tools. so i plan on buying everything i want for my exhaust then taking it and having it installed all at once. (planning on doing mac longtubes, offroad midpipe, and mid mounted stingers)

so would you guys say i should save for a prochamber, buy an aftermarket shorty h pipe, or have the shop i go to modify my stock h pipe to fit?

also like i said i do plan on going off road but im worried about nc emissions, anyone got any suggestions for that, other than trying to find a hook up that will pass it for me?

oh and by the way currently the car is an 06 gt 5speed with a jlt cai bama tuner and flowmaster american thunders

oh and of course, merry christmas!!

·
I love to skydive
17,286 Posts
Welcome to mm :wave

First off, the prochamber is le sex. I know, pricey, but worth it!

Second, generally the macs fit directly with the prochamber. It is a perfect combo.

Third, does nc have emissions?

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Anothers197 is his name i.think. he has a prochamber for sale $200 i yhink

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I've heard everyone say pro chambers are amazing but I just wish I could hear one in person instead of YouTube.

And as far as I know nc does OBD testing but no tailpipe test. I'm not really sure though, I never had to pay attention before now.

·
KILLER
1,722 Posts
Just save your money until you can get the prochamber.. AnotherS197 is a member on here and has one for sale in the classifieds i think.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alright so I'll see if his is still for sale, so anyone got any ideas on the inspection stuff? How hard/costly would it be to have an exhaust shop make it so I could just remove the cats and replace them with a pipe when I wanted to? Or is there a better way to get around that?

·
"out of order"
362 Posts
yes nc does have emissions. i was a nc inspector before the job i have now.. what i know is
you cant have cutouts and have to have cats/mufflers and o2 sensors. some countys have saftey only which means that they dont have to hook up to your obd2.

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
ProChamber is the smart choice. Save your money.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
alright i think you guys have sold me on the prochamber, hopefully anothers197gt still has his so that i can save some money.

i do have another question now though. ive heard people saying to use OEM header gaskets instead of aftermarket ones. are the ford racing header gaskets on americanmuscle the ones they mean? or which ones should i get, and from where?

·
IG: opiesvt
8,782 Posts
Definitely get a prochamber. Just save a bit more to get what you really want. I have a full MAC exhaust on my 08 GT and it sounds amazing.

·
IG: opiesvt
8,782 Posts
The Ford Racing ones would be my choice although the headers should have came with some gaskets..I think mine did but can't remember.

Or you could always go to your local auto-parts store and get some. It'll save on time and cost of shipping.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My headers didn't come with any gaskets and I just checked American muscle an it didn't say they were supposed to, so I'll probably get the ford racing ones from AM since I also need to get o2 extensions

·
Registered
402 Posts
alright i think you guys have sold me on the prochamber, hopefully anothers197gt still has his so that i can save some money.

i do have another question now though. ive heard people saying to use OEM header gaskets instead of aftermarket ones. are the ford racing header gaskets on americanmuscle the ones they mean? or which ones should i get, and from where?
Where in NC are you? I am also in NC and installed my own LTs and would be more than willing to help out a fellow MMer with an install. Free of course

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
402 Posts
My headers didn't come with any gaskets and I just checked American muscle an it didn't say they were supposed to, so I'll probably get the ford racing ones from AM since I also need to get o2 extensions
Always reuse the stock gaskets. Aftermarket ones tend to leak after time. I also have an extra set of o2 extensions lol

·
Registered
371 Posts
I also live in NC but I have never had emission testing when my cars are inspected.

·
"out of order"
362 Posts
yea some countys are no emissions in emissions countys anything 95 and below are saftey only and 96 and up are safety and emissions

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Where in NC are you? I am also in NC and installed my own LTs and would be more than willing to help out a fellow MMer with an install. Free of course

i go to school in wilmington, so im a few hours from you. the only problem is my schedule. but if we could work something out that would be great, and it would help me out a lot!

also i looked it up and the county i go to school in and my home county are both emissions counties in nc :(

·
Registered
402 Posts
i go to school in wilmington, so im a few hours from you. the only problem is my schedule. but if we could work something out that would be great, and it would help me out a lot!

also i looked it up and the county i go to school in and my home county are both emissions counties in nc :(
Well if you want to come up here the auto DIY shop on base has plenty of lifts and good tools/staff. That's where I did mine. It will take a whole day though. Just PM me if/whenever you wanna do it

1 - 20 of 20 Posts