Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I want to put some new rims on my mustang from American Muscle, but I can decide between the Chrome and Hypercoated . Can anybody help?
My car is fire red color with a black LeBra and a black spoiler chin in the front.

Which way should I go? and Why?

Thanks For the Help

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I really like the way chrome stands out, but I'm afraid it wont last as long as the Hypercoated. Now I have this car in a garage 6 days week. That might help to prolong the life of the chrome.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Why do you think chrome wont last? Odd.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
hypercoated saleens.. :) or black will go with the flow..
not sure if that's the style your getting, but you may want to hit the chop shop and see if somebody can put them on your car before you buy them...

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
Finally a car that would look good with chrome! lol. I am the anti-chrome usually, but think chrome would look good on your car color.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, I've heard from a lot of people that chrome usually last for about 3-5 years and it starts to peel off and you can see a discoloration. That has happened with my current roush rims.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Well, I've heard from a lot of people that chrome usually last for about 3-5 years and it starts to peel off and you can see a discoloration. That has happened with my current roush rims.
Hm.. my chrome wheels are 7+ years old and look brand new.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
M.P. Cobra Fan,
I'm not a huge fan of Chrome either, unless is done with taste and moderate. I belive the chrome ones will make the car stand out and kind of hide small blemishes by demanding more attention to the rims.
On the other hand with the black chin spoiler and Lebra, the hypercoated ones might flow better.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Well I wash my car once a week.. If the wheels start getting dusty, I clean them.

Never heard about Chrome plating peeling on wheels.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
id go with black saleens!

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
The chrome/polished ones

1 - 20 of 20 Posts