Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I washed my car today real nice and purty and when i got in and started it up, i was just about to pull out when the engine dropped down to about 550 rpm and started chugging...i reved it a little bit and it went away. Later i went to AutoZone just to screw around and got in and it started up fine. Right after that i went to get some pizza and i got in after that and it dropped down to about 480 rpm and was chugging again. Ideas? Thanks.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no, didn't wash the engine or anything. it was weird...the entire car was shaking...it was almost like i took the intake off and was just running an open throttle body. Except i wasn't, lol

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
did you check your vacuum lines?

might be a loose brake booster line

maybe it was thirsty?

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
idk, i'll check it in the morning but i'd been driving it for about an hour before that and it was just fine

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
clutch may not be engaging all the way, sounds like it is wanting to stall if giving it revs fixes it

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
(auto) and would that be a constant problem or would it be every now and then? (for future reference on the mach)

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
if its getting weak and ready to go out you'll get it acting like it doesnt wanna engage/disengage properly. But yeah being an auto run some injector cleaner should fix her up

·
Registered
811 Posts
umm not sure bout this but mine was idling horrible sometimes and great others and i ran seafoam through it and it is idling great now. just a sugesting. not sure it will help but imo it's worth a try:)

·
Registered
811 Posts
hmmm well then i don't know what to tell ya:( sorry.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
heh, i'll try to get some more info for you guys in the morning if it's even still doing it...it was really weird though...oh, and i got in a rev competition with a couple mexican guys in a civic with a fart can. we got into our cars at the same time and he revved it once and i lol'd and then i revved for a bit and he revved until the limiter which sounded like it was at 3.5k and i lol'd some more, redlined my car, and drove off...all with stock exhaust on my part by the way...i won

·
Registered
811 Posts
hahah yea i do that with kids at my school. i rev it a little (with modded exhaust) and the like redline it and it sounds like crap and then i laugh

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
heh, it's fun. NEVER PUT A GLASSPACK ON A '96 DODGE RAM V6!! YOU WILL REGRET IT!!!!!!!!! my friend did that and it sounds like there's some cows in there going through a shredder

·
Registered
811 Posts
yea def one of the funnest things ever. next to racing a guy with a 3000 gt that thinks he has a hot car and beating him by like 3 car lengths. :):) hahah what a way to describe it. yea i almost put glasspacks on my car. glad i didn't.

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
yea def one of the funnest things ever. next to racing a guy with a 3000 gt that thinks he has a hot car and beating him by like 3 car lengths. :):) hahah what a way to describe it. yea i almost put glasspacks on my car. glad i didn't.
good thing you didnt lol,

·
Registered
811 Posts
yea i know i've heard one since then and it sounded horrible:)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts