Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So both my cig lighters were out and I planned to use them to splice in some 12v stuff so I changed the fuse and now the shifter bezel one works but the one located under the arm rest in the center console still does not receive power. How can I go about checking it for power? Do I have to take the entire center console apart? Is it even on the same circuit and fuse as the other one?

·
Registered
902 Posts
I have the same issue as well, reps to whoever helps!

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
it might be under a different name on the fuse panel for the other outlet. try looking for power port or something along those lines. if there is no other fuse try to pull the outlet out and make sure its connected right

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm really not sure how it comes out or anything. I'd rather not pull the whole console out over a cig lighter but it annoys me.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The fuse for the armrest console +12V socket is located in the engine bay fuse box.

Maxi fuse 9, 20A
I figured you'd chime in eventually. Reps if this is the problem. I just attempted to pull the center console out and got as far as getting stuck on the E-brake. lol

·
Too Soon, Junior!
3,830 Posts
lol if you really want to remove the center console, the e brake pawl gear can be released so that the handle will turn 90 degrees. You'll have to remove the bracket on the base of the e brake assembly, it's held on by a small hex nut. But I bet the fuse is the issue, let me know what you find.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lol if you really want to remove the center console, the e brake pawl gear can be released so that the handle will turn 90 degrees. You'll have to remove the bracket on the base of the e brake assembly, it's held on by a small hex nut. But I bet the fuse is the issue, let me know what you find.
I already repped you man. Sure enough that fuse was fried. I considered putting the 30A I had in it to see if it worked but I don't want to go blowing stuff up. lol

Problem will be solved in the morning when Autozone or Advanced opens.

Any news on the remote start kit and such my friend?

·
Too Soon, Junior!
3,830 Posts
I've found that some cheaper chargers have a tendency to short itself out when it's being plugged in due to the way the springs are mounted inside. 20A is more than enough to handle just about anything you can plug in there (20A at 12V is equivalent to 240 Watts) so you'd be ok even with a 10A. I forgot to ask, is your car an auto or manual?

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've found that some cheaper chargers have a tendency to short itself out when it's being plugged in due to the way the springs are mounted inside. 20A is more than enough to handle just about anything you can plug in there (20A at 12V is equivalent to 240 Watts) so you'd be ok even with a 10A. I forgot to ask, is your car an auto or manual?
Auto. :(

·
Too Soon, Junior!
3,830 Posts
That makes it easier to install the remote start system I'm thinking of. Sorry I didn't get a chance to call sooner, I'm going to run through a few systems and pricing first then I'll call you with some pricing and options.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That makes it easier to install the remote start system I'm thinking of. Sorry I didn't get a chance to call sooner, I'm going to run through a few systems and pricing first then I'll call you with some pricing and options.
Sounds like a plan. Like I said no rush because depending upon the price I'm either ready to buy now or a little later. We'll see what ya got.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts