Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Mach1 FTW
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today i had CJ Pony Parts (CJ Service) install a 4.10 ring and pinion in my Mach 1 along with a Torsen T2R differential. Initially i called ahead and they were able to schedule me in within less than a week which was great! :)
I dropped my car off at 9am right when they opened and it was taken in and started within an hour's time. Also, my ring and pinion was a used set...the tech doing the work called to make sure I knew about it before installing it and to let me know the only thing extra aside from labor i would have to buy was the install kit which was no big deal. He also informed me that some how my mach 1 ended up with a 2.73 gear set in it (YES, you read that right 2.73) no wonder i could only trap 100-101 and et like a 14.0-14.2.

anyway, turn around was fast! i picked it up and the bill was very reasonable. i was billed for the install kit which the tech let me know about before hand and 2.15hrs of shop time. best part is, i always had a 'clunk' in the driveline and it has disappeared. and these being used gears i expected them to whine a bit but they are silent...no noises what-so-ever. i was very pleased with the staff and the turn-around on this...and the price! thanks for your support CJ Pony Parts!!

·
Mach1 FTW
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good deal. I saw your car in front of the showroom. Very clean looking. I will pass the kind words on to my guys.
thanks! its far from perfect and i havent washed it in over a week...you know the foul weather we have been having all this week. i'm very pleased with the gears, over drive is now a very usable gear now! the guy doing the work I believe said his name was Rick ? he called me to be sure i was aware my gears were used and that I was ok with that.

Good to hear. I plan on having them do gears in my car in the future.
you wont regret it! turn-around was very fast and like i said the price was very reasonable. my ring and pinion was used and i fully expected them to make some noise but much to my surprise they do not!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts