Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
New time's coming soon!!!
3,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well finally got around to making a build thread. I join the mustang world in October 2011. Bought a 2004 5speed comp orange Gt out of Tampa Flordia. Car was fully loaded with every option and clean as a pen with only 32K miles. It started right up and I took it for a spin as soon as it rolled off the trailer. The car had been parked beside something that had caught on fire and melted the bumper, headlight, mach 1 chin, and bubble the paint on the fender. So it need a little TLC to get her back to new.

Got a little lucky cause the car had already had some mods on it by the previous own. Had Flowmaster Catback (which sucked ass but better than stock), Billet pedals, K&N Cai, mach 1 grill delete, and a mach chin but it was half melted, and stagger bullitt's. Of Course I couldnt just paint the car orange with me being a body man. So I decided to make it stand out the best I could from other mustangs around town.

I was completley in love with the car but at the time I wasnt really into modding the car till one day my buddy convinced me to head to the drag strip for grudge wars. Ever since that day ive been hooked. Dont really have any pics leading up to my current mods but today with some help from Flyboy1292 I finally got my Blower installed. I went with a Paxton Novi 1000 (Thanks again to Flyboy), Cx Racing Intercooler, HPX PMAS MAFs, Vmp 3" tube, Tial Q, Division X Stryker 340lph, Vented Catch Can, and a Custom powerpipe

---------- Post added at 08:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 PM ----------

Just uploaded the video a little bit ago but everything checked out good with the setup so now it looks like ill be waiting till the 21st to haul the car to Lee at Blankenship Tuning and Performance. Also Dont hate on me about the ridiculous placment of the power pipe. Still waiting on Treadstone to Send me my 4" 90*. Would of jsut put the filter on the blower but that wasnt about to happen, just wanted to be on the safe side.

·
Down for the count
2,018 Posts
Nice snorkle. :shiftyeyes

Things really came together nicely! The 21st can't get here fast enough! I'm living vicariously through your car so the suspense is twice as bad for me, haha. :thumb:

·
3,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice snorkle. :shiftyeyes

The 21st can't get here fast enough! I'm living vicariously through your car so the suspense is twice as bad for me, haha. :thumb:
I know man. If u don't have anything to do then u could ride up there with me. Think I'm just gonna run the power pipe out the hood. :shiftyeyes

·
Down for the count
2,018 Posts
I know man. If u don't have anything to do then u could ride up there with me. Think I'm just gonna run the power pipe out the hood. :shiftyeyes
If it is late enough in the day to where I can get there in time, I might do just that!

Yeah man, imagine all of that cold air you will get above the hood, lol. :naughty:

·
3,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If it is late enough in the day to where I can get there in time, I might do just that!

Yeah man, imagine all of that cold air you will get above the hood, lol. :naughty:
Well it's at 9:00 am.

·
3,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My couplers finally came in from Treadstone. Only took about 2 weeks. I have offically finished the Blower install. I have to adjust my power pipe a little because the hood wont shut, would of done it tonight but I said **** it. After Getting the car tuned I have a saleen spoiler and rear bumper to prep and then its time to repaint the car.

·
3,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice looking car! Lee does great work, you won't be disappointed! Planning on having him tune my coyote when I go turbo
Thanks man, actully gonna repain the whole car once I get the saleen and rear bumper prepped. Lee dont a great job with my car. I got it tuned 2 weeks ago. Just havent got around to updating my build thread. Put down 354rwhp and 346rwtq @ 7psi. Didnt make as much boost as I was hoping for but Im still happy with the car for now

---------- Post added at 05:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:58 PM ----------

Got the first coat of primer on the spoiler, really was expecting a little better quality than what I got from AM.
After I blocked the **** out of it there was quite a few wobbles that needed fix so I threw a little mud on em.

---------- Post added at 05:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:02 PM ----------

finally got the graph posted up

---------- Post added at 06:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:30 PM ----------

Got the spoiler finished up. Just needs blocked one more time

·
3,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks man, I cant wait either. Got started on the bumper but damn was it rough. feels like the ocean. Decided to quit for the night. This is where i stand now.
Also I figured I would throw my slicks on for the first time this year just for the hell of it.

·
3,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Are you repainting it with the same stripe(s)?
Im doing away with the strip on the rear of the car and Im gonna paint the center in between the tail lights black. Gonna repaint the hood and instead of a white pin strip im gonna go with a black one on the the hood and front bumper.

·
Registered
715 Posts
I think it would look good if you switched up the front stripe like in the pic below and then continued it over the car instead of one huge ass stripe. Also it would use the grill as the outside edge instead of the inside edge. Good luck to you, stripes are a pain haha

·
3,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I dont have that hood anymore. Ill post a pic up of the hood i have now.

---------- Post added at 11:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 11:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 PM ----------

Basically where the white stripe is im gonna do away with it and have a thin black pin stripe that follows the outer edge of the main black stripe. Pretty much like this except my stripe will be thinner and closer to the main stripe.

·
3,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well its been awhile since i've updated this, was about to get my car painted but decided to put that on hold since I lost my job, good news is I got another job with better pay and benifits :baller:. Decided to take the time today and smoke my tail lights. I used VHT night shaded, I just got done putting 4 coats on and i'm gonna let them dry then i'll sand them and shoot them with some clear.

---------- Post added at 06:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:50 PM ----------

This is with 2 coats of clear. Cant wait to put them on my car. should of done this a long time ago.

·
3,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Beautiful,just beautiful!
Thanks man!!

---------- Post added at 11:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 PM ----------

nice looking car, i really like that orange
Thanks, you don't see many comp orange gts. Flyboy1294 is the only other person I've seen with one around my area.

1 - 20 of 107 Posts