Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nut on my 410s came loose and burned up outer pinion bearing. Ordered 410s and gear install kit from CJPonyparts (free shipping - wow). Install kit was shipped to my US pickup town and the I found the FRRP 410s were back ordered. Wasn't told this at the time of order. Canceled 410s and ordered from another online and they were shipped and delivered within three days and only two days after the CJPonyparts $ 85.00 ring and pinion install kit. Had some other pieces ordered for my Mustang and boat to the same US location. Made a special trip to pick all items up and to my disappointment the $ 85.00 ring and pinion install kit I was expecting turned out to be a small box from CJPonyparts containing a dirty greasy folded differential gasket and a small pastic bag containing a few pinion spacers. There were no bearings, races, seal or any of the items in a real master install kit and all those items wouldn't even fit in their little box. Talk about disappointment. Couldn't wait to drive the 60 + miles home to call CJPony about this. The person I spoke to wanted a photo of the box and items so I sent him one. The end result was they reimbursed my credit card and did not take any extra steps to get an install kit quickly to me and now said they would have to order it. I lost $.50 in the credit card transactions with Us/Can exchange rate. CJPonyparts is a terrible company to deal with and it has absolutely no "goodwill" built into their system. They do not go the extra step to try and rectify their screwup as many other companies do. I will never buy from them again and will definitely not recommend to anyone.
I did order the install kit from another US Muscle car dealer at a cheaper price and for $ 24.00 more for shipping had it in two days. At least I got it and with GREAT SERVICE.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Sorry to hear that dude. My brother had a similar problem, he orders some stuff from them, when it arrived home, half the order was missing. he called them to figure out what went wrong, until then was it that they told him it was on backorder. It would’ve been nice to tell him on the day of the order.

·
I like when it's shiny.
1,768 Posts
Sorry to hear about this. I've purchased many items from CJ's and never had an issue. They have always treated me very well. I could not be happier with CJ's.

I always call/email any company I'm dealing with to be sure they have the items I want in stock. Some companies keep their webpage updated with inventory most do not.

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
:withhomo

I've bought many things from CJ's and have had zero issues :dunno

·
Baker Jr.
3,472 Posts
Took me 3 months and 3 different gauge pods till they sent me the wrong one. backordered too

·
Baker Jr.
3,472 Posts
They took 3 months to get me my part since it was back ordered..then it was the wrong one then they sent another and it was wrong then they finally got me the wrong one.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I have had no problem dealing with them. When I ordered from them last time one product was back ordered but it said backordered on my invoice and came a week later.

·
Registered
890 Posts
the shipping time takes toooooo long i ordered something last saturday and i still havent gotten it

·
Registered
133 Posts
i ordered a set of saleen rims from them and it took 4 months for them to come in, and when they finally did they didint include the lugnuts

·
Registered
863 Posts
That's why I don't order from them anymore. I have orded quite a bit of fox parts from them and 90% was on back order. When you need to get your car back up and running 10% of the parts don't get the job done. When I called on parts I didn't get the customer service rep said most of there stuff ships from the vendor, and he was pretty rude about it. How do you have a business and not have invintory? They were super nice to take my order and tell me it would go out tomorrow! YEAH RIGHT!!! Don't bite the hand that feeds you.... That's why I wont deal with them anymore. Just my .02

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
I've never dealt with them, so I can't speak to their defense, but I just want to be clear that you're saying that they have terrible customer service because they immediately refunded your credit card when you were disappointed with the product and you ended up losing fifty cents because of something outside their control?

I mean, maybe there's more to the story, but that sounds like pretty decent customer service to me. :dunno

·
I like when it's shiny.
1,768 Posts
I've never dealt with them, so I can't speak to their defense, but I just want to be clear that you're saying that they have terrible customer service because they immediately refunded your credit card when you were disappointed with the product and you ended up losing fifty cents because of something outside their control?

I mean, maybe there's more to the story, but that sounds like pretty decent customer service to me. :dunno
I'm with you.

·
V6inator
126 Posts
ive bought a handfull of stuff from them over the years, a couple times things were backordered but they showed up in a week or so. it seems they do ship from vendors alot, but the prices have been good, so i dont mind waiting a little, its not fast food. but i have had no bad issues with them so its hard to imagine that bad of a transaction.

its hard for anyone to compete with the service am has as they have set the bar, i know, we make leather stuff for the s197`s, but we bend over backwards for customer service to whatever it takes, but rarely have any issues. i would be pretty upset though if i ordered a gear install kit and got a dirty folded gasket and not the install kit.

·
in Retrograde
903 Posts

·
Resident asshole
1,694 Posts
That's why I don't order from them anymore. I have orded quite a bit of fox parts from them and 90% was on back order. When you need to get your car back up and running 10% of the parts don't get the job done. When I called on parts I didn't get the customer service rep said most of there stuff ships from the vendor, and he was pretty rude about it. How do you have a business and not have invintory? They were super nice to take my order and tell me it would go out tomorrow! YEAH RIGHT!!! Don't bite the hand that feeds you.... That's why I wont deal with them anymore. Just my .02
Do you own a business. Inventory costs money. It's a smart business model actually. No stock means no money held up sitting,and the business makes money and never has to touch a part. Great business model,shitty for the customer because an order may have to come from many different vendors.
Steve is a good guy. I've had a few chats with him in the various forums. Very knowledgeable mustang guy. Now that I know I have to wait for parts I need yesterday,I will be sure to buy from someone who has them in stock.

·
Registered
22,813 Posts
I quit ordering from them after they kept putting things on back order, charging me, and then not telling me they were on back order. Get a package in thinking I get all of my ordered parts only to find that the order sheet shows they were back ordered. Their communication sucks.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Do you own a business. Inventory costs money. It's a smart business model actually. No stock means no money held up sitting,and the business makes money and never has to touch a part. Great business model,shitty for the customer because an order may have to come from many different vendors.
Steve is a good guy. I've had a few chats with him in the various forums. Very knowledgeable mustang guy. Now that I know I have to wait for parts I need yesterday,I will be sure to buy from someone who has them in stock.
What does that matter if I own a business or not? The issue is that they don't tell you your parts are back ordered and it takes to long to get them. Customer service is key in any business. In my opinion if you don't have the money for inventory you shouldn't be in a retail sales business.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Bandity2k00, i want to file a complaint with you. I was unable to read any of this thread due to the fact i was busy staring at your avatar. If you could please change it to something less awesome that would be great. Thank you.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts