Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my current Setup:

Infinity 475a 4-Channel Full-Range Amplifier
Infinity Reference 1300a Mono Subwoofer Amplifier
Tsunami power cap
JVCxg700 headunit
Infinity Kappa Infinity Kappa 60.9cs (front)
Infinity Kappas 3way (rear)
2 12" audiobahn subs

Would it be beneficial to get an equalizer? or can anyone make recomendations on what to do? the speakers work great but on some songs i can slightly hear some distortion, and i would like to make it so there is no distortion on any of the music types i play.

Also at some points when i turn my headunit on and change the songs i hear a pop noise. Mostly happens at low volumes. anyone know the issue or a fix?

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
im assuming its the front infinitys that are distorting?

what are the settings on your amps?
that deck *looks* like it was have a decent eq in it, what are the settings on the deck? high pass, low pass, loud or bass boost, is the sub set as the low end not the rear speakers? im familliar with jvc decks

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i mean the distortion comes from random songs, so sometimes in the front and sometimes in the back.... (mostly coming from rap music) im leaving work in a few mins but can get you all the info with pics when i get home...

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This amps for my speakers:

This amps for my subs:

Here are some head unit settings:

• Hi amp output (choice between high and low)
  • Hi pass mid pass low pass (i usually chage this depending on the song - but default it to highpass)

Then it has the usual eq settings like:

• bass
  • mids
  • trebble
  • fade front/rear
  • fade left/right
  • sub (range from 0-10) 0 turns it off

For rock music:
bass: 3
trebble: 4
mids: 0 or 1?

Pop music:
bass:3
trebble:3
mids: 2

Here is small vids of what it sounds like in the front...
http://www.travel2photos.com/video.php

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
ok sub amp seems fine

for the other amp, rear setup is ok, fronts, turn on high pass, bass boost all the way down and what are the numbers around the freq dials, also what are the switches on the bottom for i cant read what they say

on the deck you should be able to turn the amp setting off because you dont have your speakers running off deck power

and i say this to everyone, if your looking for sound quality fade the sound all the way to the front speakers, your dont want sound coming from in front and behind you

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok sub amp seems fine

for the other amp, rear setup is ok, fronts, turn on high pass, bass boost all the way down and what are the numbers around the freq dials, also what are the switches on the bottom for i cant read what they say

on the deck you should be able to turn the amp setting off because you dont have your speakers running off deck power

and i say this to everyone, if your looking for sound quality fade the sound all the way to the front speakers, your dont want sound coming from in front and behind you
Ok will test that out once i leave from work....

Here is a better quality pic of the amp

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sounds good. i made your suggested updates yesterday, and so far its sounding good. Lost some of the mid range, but these new adjustments your saying should probably fix that. I like the way the bass is hitting over the speakers now.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
remember, the quality of the song could do it too. how good are the songs you download?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts