Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want some rims that are classic looking. Like either the torque thrust or the cragers but i want some deep dish in the rear and regular up front. I have 65 mustang with stock suspensions. Anyone know of a good look deep dish in size 15. I know what size i need for the front from dodgestang but i just need some ideas on style.

·
Anatidaephobic
2,370 Posts
mine aren't really deep but they are crager's that are 10inches wide on the back

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how did you get them to fit the back. I would think on stock suspension they would work?

·
Banned
2,194 Posts
i think they rub against his fenders he has said before???

·
Anatidaephobic
2,370 Posts
yes i do have a little bit of rub when i have people riding in the back as we go over a bump or something. however i believe if i replace my 40+ year old leaf springs it should help

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
the cragar 610c or 616c from american tire would look nice on there.they can do about any dish you want.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks guys. Ill email them and see what they think.

·
Banned
2,194 Posts
all of my fenders are cracked from tire rub

i need to get them bent up a little so the tires stop hitting then get repaired when i get my coche painted

·
Registered
5 Posts
Mustang fenders were never designed for big rims - I tried G70's on 14 x 7 "bullits"s in the day and they rubbed front and rear.

The culprit is the "deep dish" look wasn't accomodated by the tight Falcon unibody designed for 13" econo rims. In the day, who knew tire sizes would get past 8" tread? They had just introduced them at Indy!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts