Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Administrator
76,434 Posts
It removes the minor impurity's and such that the naked eye can not see...

Take a womans stocking and rub it on your car...It will snag...Thats the impurity's...

After the claybar it will not snag...

I claybar my car once a year...At least...

·
Administrator
76,434 Posts
It only takes about 2 hours...

Just keep the surface wet with the spray...

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
^ 2 hours just to clay bar :lol

you.. well hell you know what you need to do chris.. lol

wax/polish...

·
Administrator
76,434 Posts
I spent 14 hours cleaning my paint...

Its all in how meticulous you are...

·
Registered
546 Posts
In that case spill the coffee on yourself and sue her for not warning you that it would burn you. It would be just like the fast food lawsuit. (except your grandma isn't a major corporation with money coming out the ass)

·
Registered
544 Posts
haha i've got an on topic question :p

Would it be okay to use the cleaner wax that comes with the clay bar, with polish?
What's the difference between regular wax, cleaner wax, and carabou (woah, spelling, i've got no idea) wax?

One last thing... how good is turtle wax? What wax do you prefer...?

·
Registered
546 Posts
meguiars is the ****. I'm pretty sure HMSUN uses it as well. Chris J loves Zaino. Turtle wax isn't bad but you get what you pay for. #6 meguiars is a cleaning wax. I hear they are kind of harsh on the paint so shouldn't be used often so I use meguiars gold class and love that.

EDIT:If you have more questions u may want to PM ChrisJ he is nuts about detailing his car

·
Administrator
76,434 Posts
meguiars is the ****. I'm pretty sure HMSUN uses it as well. Chris J loves Zaino. Turtle wax isn't bad but you get what you pay for. #6 meguiars is a cleaning wax. I hear they are kind of harsh on the paint so shouldn't be used often so I use meguiars gold class and love that.

EDIT:If you have more questions u may want to PM ChrisJ he is nuts about detailing his car
True story...

·
Administrator
76,434 Posts
Polish is an abrasive cleaner for your car's paint, while wax is just a protectant coat.

You should polish your car whenever it has imperfections, embedded dirt, or pollution discoloration. Polish is mildly abrasive (some are more abrasive than others), and this is why it restores shine. Polish can also help reduce the appearance of small scratches by getting foreign particles out of the paint. Before polishing, it is best to remove any wax on the car by washing it with dishwashing liquid.

Here is list of all Meguiar's waxes and the unique characteristics each wax offers.

Pure Waxes – Pure waxes are an excellent choice for new cars, trucks, S.U.V.s, new paint jobs, cars that have been well maintained, or cars whose finish has recently been professionally detailed.

Meguiar's NXT Generation Tech Wax – This pure synthetic paint protectant will do more to increase optical clarity, shine and gloss, while providing the best protection against attack than any other wax on other market.

M-26 Hi Tech Yellow Wax – This pure wax blends the highest quality Brazilian Number One Carnauba Wax with costly Polymers, Silicones, and special Resins to create eye dazzling gloss and depth of color while providing durable paint protection.

Deep Crystal System Carnauba Wax – This premium quality liquid wax blends Brazilian Number One Carnauba Wax with an exotic blend of conditioning oils, as well as long lasting Polymers, Silicones and Resins for long lasting durability. Step-3 Carnauba wax leaves behind a brilliant, crystal clear finish with incredible water beading action.

M-16 Professional Paste Wax – This is a traditional paste wax for people who enjoy the aesthetics of applying a paste wax by hand on a leisurely Saturday afternoon. Introduced in 1951 and virtually unchanged since then, this is the first automotive wax Meguiar's introduced to their Mirror Glaze line. #16 is formulated to provide long lasting durable protection under extreme environmental conditions under hot temperatures. #16 dries fast, dries clear, and will not turn white on pebble textured black plastic trim.

Polish/Waxes

Gold Class Clear Coat Car Wax – This wax comes in both liquid and paste versions and is an excellent product for any new car finish. This is what Meguiar's calls a Polish/Wax. This means it is part rich conditioning oils that add beauty and part synthetic polymers that add protection. This wax is famous for creating deep, dark, crystal clear reflections on any type of paint. Polish/Waxes are excellent waxes for people who love a deep, dark reflective shine, but who also want superior protection for their car's finish. Gold Class Clear Coat wax accomplishes both of the goals using one of Meguiar's most complex formula's of their legendary trade secret polishing oils and the best protecting polymers available.

Medallion Premium Paint Protection – Medallion Premium Paint Protection will restore your finish-especially dark colors-to a deep, full-spectrum shine. The exclusive Meguiar's MiraBenz™ bonding system uses positively charged molecules to "lock" the finish to the surface, making it almost impervious to daily assaults. Its balanced blend of nutrients and conditioners combines with superior waxes to provide brilliant performance. Medallion Premium Paint Protection's exclusive bonding system provides long lasting protection.

Cleaner/Waxes

ColorX - ColorX is Meguiar's newest addition to the Cleaner/Wax family. ColorX is like Meguiar's traditional Cleaner/Wax, (A-1216), on steroids. It's more effective at cleaning neglected finishes, restoring optimum clarity and leaving behind an incredibly long lasting synthetic polymer paint protectant than Meguiar's Cleaner/Wax, (A-12), without having to resort to harsh abrasives and without giving up the kind of stellar results you have come to expect from Meguiar's products. ColorX can be applied by hand, dual-action polisher and orbital buffers.

Meguiar's Cleaner/Wax – This is Meguiar's best all purpose cleaner wax. A-12 as it's known by it's part name, was introduced in 1973. While most waxes come and go… this wax has been around for over 30 years and will be around as long as were driving cars. Meguiar's Cleaner Wax is a combination of non-abrasive chemical cleaners, rich conditioning oils and synthetic polymers, silicones and waxes all ingredients for long lasting paint protection. Because this Cleaner/Wax is non-abrasive it can be used on finishes in good to excellent condition with excellent results. The chemical cleaners in Meguiar's cleaner wax will clean and remove light oxidation, pore-embedding stains, built-up road grime, and air-borne contaminants. The trade secret conditioning oils will rejuvenate your paint, restoring the paint's original oils lost over time, resulting in a darker, more clear finish. The synthetic polymers, waxes and silicones will seal the paint, locking in the rich conditioning oils and protect the finish against corrosion, oxidation, chemical attack, and the detrimental effect caused by day-in, day-out driving and exposure to the environment.

Another benefit to Meguiar's A-12 Cleaner Wax is it's widespread availability, and affordable price, (suggested retail is $4.95). This makes it another good choice for people with daily drivers that would like to wax their car often. And if you like to see water beading on your car's finish after washing or following a rain storm, you will not be disappointed. The chemists at Meguiar's recently reformulated A-12 Cleaner Wax to bead water like nobody's business! Water beads are small, tall and tight and last and last. Water beading, as well as darkness gets better and better with each additional coat. Easy to use, Meguiar's Cleaner Wax wipes on easy, dries fast, and removes effortlessly with a premium quality 100% cotton towel, or Meguiar's own microfiber polishing cloth, the Ultimate Wipe. Meguiar's Cleaner/Wax can be applied by hand, dual-action polisher and orbital buffers.

#6 Mirror Glaze Cleaner/Wax
– Meguiar's also offers a Cleaner/Wax in the Professional line, which is available in both 16-ounce bottles and 64-ounce containers. M-06 Cleaner/Wax in the Professional line is a tad bit more aggressive than any of the Cleaner/Waxes in the consumer line and perfectly suited for one-step applications on neglected surfaces. M-06 can also be used with a rotary buffer for extra cleaning and polishing strength, as well as by hand, Dual-Action polishers, and Orbital buffers. This product has widespread availability, and is a long time favorite among serious enthusiasts.

M-6601 Quick Detailer
– This cleaner wax is the workhorse in the Meguiar's Cleaner/Wax category. Available in 1-gallon jugs, this is Meguiar's most aggressive cleaner wax and perfectly suited for use with rotary buffers on severely neglected, oxidized, scratched and swirled surfaces. This wax offers incredible cleaning strength, without using harsh abrasives. The rich polishing oils leave behind a lustrous finish while Meguiar's state-of-the-art synthetic polymer waxes leave behind a long lasting durable protective finish. Perfect for Used Car dealers and wholesalers looking for a fast and effective one-step product. M-66 like M-06 is very versatile, and can be used by hand, dual-action polisher, orbital buffer, and the rotary buffer.

#20 Polymer Sealant – As the name implies, this is a premium polymer sealant. Unlike most products on the market labeled polymer sealant, this product works. The hardest thing to make a polymer sealant do is to bond and adhere evenly over the entire surface. Without the right technology behind the formula, polymers will tend to bond in some area, and not in others. This leaves some areas of your car's finish protected, while other areas are susceptible to damage. The chemist at Meguiar's went to great lengths to ensure that the polymers used in #20 Polymer Sealant bond evenly on all types of paint.

#20 Polymer Sealant contains a very small amount of some very light chemical paint cleaners, this helps to insure superior bonding for long lasting protection,

Me personally I like Zaino...IMHO its the best stuff in the world...

heres my how to I made

http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forum...day-ftw-kinda-helpful-how-well-56k-no-no.html

1 - 20 of 22 Posts