Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so obviously i wash i wouldnormaly dry. Is that a completely nescary step if i am gonna clay bar and ipa wipe. Also for a ipa wipe does i need a spray ottlemor just put it on a towlemand wipe then dry off.

·
Premium Member
1,029 Posts
Yes, you need to throughly wash, then dry your car. you don't want the lubricating spray to catch a dirty water drop when you are clay baring.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool thats what i thought just curious

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also when claybaring a window do you use spray detailer. Probably a dumb question but kinda unsure never claybared a window.

·
Premium Member
1,029 Posts
Also when claybaring a window do you use spray detailer. Probably a dumb question but kinda unsure never claybared a window.
Yup! You want to use the detailer/lubricant anytime you use the claybar. :) Don't be scared to use the detailer, either...the more the better. if the claybar gets dry against the paint, it'll scratch.

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
Ok so obviously i wash i wouldnormaly dry. Is that a completely nescary step if i am gonna clay bar and ipa wipe. Also for a ipa wipe does i need a spray ottlemor just put it on a towlemand wipe then dry off.
  1. Wash
  2. Dry
  3. Claybar
  4. IPA Wipe Down
Always use the Spray Detailer when using a claybar on ANY surface. Make sure theres plenty of it. The area needs to be well lubricated, or the bar will not glide. You don't want to use a lot of pressure either. Simply glide the bar over your paint with the weight of your hand.

IPA... Some mix 70% with water at 2:1. Personally, I leave it at full strength. Put it in a spray bottle. Wet down the area, wipe it down with one side of a MF, flip it over, buff dry.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts