Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have heard a lot of people talk about it and my buddy used it on his 01 oxford white and I couldn't tell any difference. How are you supposed to use it and how does it work??

·
Registered
641 Posts
The few times ive used it it seemd to work pretty well. Its supposed to remove oxidation, bug crap, tar, tree sap and any other stuff that can leave inperfections in paint when waxed. basically gives a surface prep before waxing. comes with the spay stuff the lubes the surface so the clay/blue goo bar can glide over the paint and pick up impurities.

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
if he did it right,you will tell the difference .when using the clay bar it will lift off over spray,rough spots ,oxidation and any type of grease,wax and so on.after using it you should have a really smooth surface ,then when you wax it,you should have a showroom shine.

yes it works,if done right and use the bar and the spray that comes with it and not water

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How much of the loob spray do you use? he used it very lightly or maybe too much I don't know?

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
just spray the bar and then the area you want to do.like a 2ft by 2 ft area.i dont think you can use to much,

·
Registered
177 Posts
youll be able to really feel the difference... when i did my hood vs not doing my quarter panels you could feel how much smoother the hood was. but yeah like redgt said its really just to get a good surface for waxing.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
do you wash the car first or just rinse it off then clay bar? the reason I ask is when you use the spray lube can you wax over that?

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
wash car,then claybar,wash car again,then apply wax.when claybaring you are stripping the wax and protection off of the car

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
wash it first you want to remove all the dirt you can then dry it.....then start claying it i got the meguires clay bar kit it comes with the detailing spray and a microfiber cloth to remove the spray after you clay the area, as well a small bottle of their cleaner wax that is more then enough to follow after you have clayed the entire car and dried it with the microfiber towel....the way you can tell the difference of the car is after you wash it go get a zip lock or sandwich back and put you hand in it and rub it over your car you will feel the impurities that are still on it even after its washed.... then clay an area till it feels smooth you will know once you start then dry the area and feel it again with the bag it should be feeling alot smoother.... when i did it i used one clay bar and the entire bottle of detailing spray to get it as smooth as glass and save the other clay bar for the next tim then i went and bought some more detailing spray but the new one that they have which is even better to use for the next time and its good for in between washes....also i suggest you dont do this in when its hot wait till the afternoon like two hours before sunset to do it when the surface of the car isnt as hot that way you get the best results.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
awesome thanks I have been wanting to get my whip looking good so hopefully this works?

·
Registered
67 Posts
I really like the Clay Bar Process.

The car finish is soooo smooth after a good clay bar. It is a great process.

If the bar hits the ground throw it away!

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
The car finish is soooo smooth after a good clay bar. It is a great process.

If the bar hits the ground throw it away!
or just get a knife and cut off the piece that hit the floor

·
Registered
2 Posts
the only people that do not believe in it are the same people that have never tried it. I will NEVER wax my car again with out going over it with the bar first. You really can't mess it up. They give you enough liquid/lubricant to do it a couple times so don't be afraid to be generous with it and turn the clay from time to time, you will see when it gets dirty.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I use Quick Detailer

the only people that do not believe in it are the same people that have never tried it. I will NEVER wax my car again with out going over it with the bar first. You really can't mess it up. They give you enough liquid/lubricant to do it a couple times so don't be afraid to be generous with it and turn the clay from time to time, you will see when it gets dirty.
From Car events I must have a gallon of Quick Detailer. I mist the clean car and then use the bar on that area about 2X2. I have 3 cars that need it this winter if anyone wants a demo in Chicago!:D

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
Read the stickys. A few of us have taken the time to write up some tutorials to answer this kind of stuff. If you have any questions, just let us know and we can help out.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts