Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the best way to clean windows? Or your favorite method.
I use Windex and coffee filters to clean my windows. I've been trying to do different methods to avoid streaking. Most methods fail, unless my technique just sucks, but the coffee filters work pretty good so far.

Opinions? Suggestions?

·
Registered
245 Posts
i dunno man , here in philly all ya gotta do is top at a red light and BAM! ya got like five crackheads runnin up and cleanin your windows for like a nickel and ****,and they do a dam good job too,i'll ask them what they use next time :yes

·
Cum On Me Bro
8,106 Posts
Stoners glass cleaner, plus cheap microfiber. One to apply and a second to ensure you get it all off, which prevents streaking. Works perfectly.

If you really want great results, try applying a THIN layer of wax on top, for crazy water beading.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Water with some vinegar in it will make it streak free. Seriously. It works wonders on glass :yes

Reactions: mk1993

·
Premium Member
14,581 Posts
I use windex auto glass and cloth-like paper towels. Works great.

On the windshield I spray the windex and then use a squeegee

·
Premium Member
3,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've never heard of using wax. I've tried the newspaper trick. Didn't like it too much. I guess I'll try the squeegee.
I follow up my window wiping with a dry microfiber towel as well, I actually got my windows about as spotless as I've ever seen them this morning. Then around 11:30 thunderstorms rolled out of nowhere for about 2 hours, than straight humid sunshine. Water spots like someone jizzed all over my roof.....

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
i dunno man , here in philly all ya gotta do is top at a red light and BAM! ya got like five crackheads runnin up and cleanin your windows for like a nickel and ****,and they do a dam good job too,i'll ask them what they use next time :yes
:no:no

Stoners glass cleaner, plus cheap microfiber. One to apply and a second to ensure you get it all off, which prevents streaking. Works perfectly.

If you really want great results, try applying a THIN layer of wax on top, for crazy water beading.
Agree. Stoners is one of the best window cleaners, in my opinion. I use dedicated microfibers made for windows.

When I do a full detail I'll polish the windows and add sealant. Than in between the next full detail I'll add some wax on them as well. This saves you when you hit a bunch of bugs, much easier to clean up.

Windex and newspaper.
Windex isn't really the best idea. Most Windex has ammonia in it, not that great. The newspaper trick was "invented" a long time ago when the process to make newspaper was much different. It actually served a purpose to polish the windows. Now it does nothing.

Water with some vinegar in it will make it streak free. Seriously. It works wonders on glass :yes
This does work. :)

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Stoners and a MF towel. Sounds like you people are trying some stupid things to clean glass. Coffee filter, really?!

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
I use rainx glass cleaner and when I use it on the windshield I turn on the wipers and spray it with water over it. So when it rains the water beads up.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
I've never polished my windows nor sealed them...i might have to give it try! but what is the benefit of this?

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Also if you use windex be sure not to use it on the inside of the windows if they are tinted, like nastystang said it has ammonia in it and it will turn your tint purple over time.

Ive used both stoners invisible glass and eagle 1 window cleaner both with a mircofiber, and i'd honestly have to say there both about equal in performance except the eagle 1 isnt in a aerosol like stoners

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
i like the stoners and eagle one but the griots garage is by far the best window cleaner i have seen or used.no streaking.i love this stuff

·
Premium Member
14,581 Posts
Also if you use windex be sure not to use it on the inside of the windows if they are tinted, like nastystang said it has ammonia in it and it will turn your tint purple over time.

Ive used both stoners invisible glass and eagle 1 window cleaner both with a mircofiber, and i'd honestly have to say there both about equal in performance except the eagle 1 isnt in a aerosol like stoners
Windex makes auto glass cleaner which doesn't have ammonia in it too.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
what about cleaning the inside with the tint? whats the safest product to use there?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts