Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Forever in our hearts travis_afx
4,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I changed the plugs on the car and noticed the filter looked horrible. I thought back to the last time I had cleaned it, and I'm embarrased to say this, but I can't even remember when the last time was.

My car is pretty much a DD. I drive it 80% of the time unless the weather is bad. I put about 8000 miles on the car each year.

I just wanted to get an idea of how often you guys with K&N's that put similiar miles on your car clean and oil your filters.

Thanks.

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
just clean when it looks like it needs it

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
just clean when it looks like it needs it
Exactly. I don't have much of a time frame just when it looks like it needs it. I just use the K&N filter recharge kit even though I'm not running a K&N. It works pretty good, no complaints.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Even K&N says that dirt help their filters. I only clean mine after every 10K or so. That's if it looks dirty.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
I have to clean mine next weekend. When my fender skirt came off last week I nocited my filter looked bad.

·
Nile P. Pezdel of Pez Dispenser Inc. CCA
5,502 Posts
10k and it still doesn't look dirty enough for me to bother.

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
I usually just need to add a little bit of oil to the top side of the filter before it needs to be cleaned. I'll shake it and pat any loose dirt out of the filter before I add any extra oil.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
once a year or so. depends on what car i am talking about as well. the mustang i only cleaned about 3 times duration of 4yrs. my dodge i havent done yet (only 15k on it), not needing it yet either. other vehicles i have had to every 5-7mo :dunno

1 - 10 of 10 Posts