Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Potato
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Changed a friends Diesel truck oil, drained all 2.5 gallons, and while removeing the oil filter, it fell into the oil bucket and splashed an insane amount of oil. I have always done very clean oil changes, however my Garage is now covered in oil/Diesel ( Fuel Filter oring busted on a brand new filter) I have cat litter soaking it up, however my car lives in there, how do I get the stains off the cement?

·
gtscrewd
5,228 Posts
Comet and a bristle brush no matter what you do it may leave stains where the spill was if it was not sealed concrete.

·
Premium Member
10,592 Posts
I've always made a mixture of flour and acetone. Then spread it over the spill location and let it set until the acetone evaporates. Before it evaporates, the acetone will pull the oil out of the concrete and into the flour.

·
Potato
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
game plan, use all the above

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
if you all of em your gonna have a chemistry lab on your driveway

·
Potato
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've always made a mixture of flour and acetone. Then spread it over the spill location and let it set until the acetone evaporates. Before it evaporates, the acetone will pull the oil out of the concrete and into the flour.
well that worked a little too well, now i have a patch of clean cement ... drive up was a waste of money

·
Potato
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
RIP Dennis
76,434 Posts
ZEP. Buy it by the gallon at home depot

·
Potato
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
LOL, told you it worked. :lol

I also forgot to add that you sweep up the flour after the acetone evaporates. Hopefully most people would figure that out, but you never know.

GF ...was so damn pissed I used up all her nail polish remover. Used all the bottles she had.

My brother works at home depot, might have to pick up some zep, I have never heard of it, but its worth a shot, I like to have a clean oil free garage and making cakes in my garage is working well but its a PITA

1 - 16 of 16 Posts