Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It might jus be me.. but seems like my 99 isn't too pretty under the hood. What can i do to clean it up and make it seem a lil less jammed up?

·
Registered
1,488 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dressing it up.. jus seems so crammed in it ya know?

battery to the trunk..
maybe some engine paint make it stand out.. what else?

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
you could powder coat or paint your valve covers

seen a few ppl on here that's done them, looks great

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
yes i agree it does seem a little crammed, maybe some billet caps and stuff, and some of that colored hose and stuff? i dunno.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Reroute the hoses and wires to where the aren't seen as much.

Reactions: drazga97

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
paint valve covers, or get chrome ones, chrome coolant tank, chrome ps resevoir tank, billet or chrome caps, colored wire loomb<<just dont make it look ricey, battery to the trunk, polished altenator if its someting you want to do.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
also does anyone know where you can get for perf red, the color of my car, in high temp paint, so i can paint my valve covers?

·
Registered
927 Posts
ok ill be getting this soon if i dont find a cobra soon why the under hood looks to messy .

ENGINE COVER BLACK 99/04 V8 WITH "V8" LOGO
Midwest Auto Gear "V8" Logo Black Engine Cover for 1999-2004 Mustang GT.

This fiberglass cover has a textured finish of high heat urethane black semi-gloss black paint. The center graphics are scuff resistant high temperature vinyl.

The included mounting bracket mounts to four existing mounting points on the engine so there is no drilling or tapping required. The four bolts are removed, the bracket put in place and the bolts replaced. The only tool required is a 10mm socket.

·
Noob Slayer
2,447 Posts
Reroute the hoses and wires to where the aren't seen as much.
+1

wire tuck like they do on the ricers (when they swap the bigger engines in hondas they usually do this). i think some shops may actually do a wire tuck for you. it looks really good imo

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I was more or less.. talking about dressup more than cleaning.. lol wrong words..
I meant like hiding all the b/s junk and making it look better when u pop the hood. It jus hard to find somewhere with decent hardware and accessories

·
Registered
927 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts