Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a test spot I just did on a Jetta. It has SEVERE clear coat failure. Every vertical surface is thrashed, and the rear bumper has major peeling and flaking. It has every stage of clear coat failure on it.

I know I can't fix it, but I am going to try to make it look as good as possible. This is a test spot I rubbed by hand with a MF towel and Mothers Machine Glaze. I topped it with DP Poli-Coat sealant. I plan on trying to take a green compressor pad and the Mothers over the entire car and see what I can get.

Should be fun.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Why is the owner even bothering with it now after years of neglect? If it has clear coat failure it needs to be repainted and thats the only true effective solution, but if your getting paid I guess might as well have a go at it.

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am not getting paid for it. It is my fiancees Jetta. A family member has had it for the last two years and neglected it. It is more of a challenge for me just to see what I can do with it. It is a nice Jetta and I plan on repainting it. I just want to see what I can do. More of a fun thing for me! :) The test spot actually looks pretty damn good, or much better then I though I could do.

I can't do it for a month though. Oh well. Not like it will hurt to wait!!!! :lmao

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here is another pic.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Oh well in that case make sure you do a nice job for her man, you wouldn't want her rolling in a ride all oxidized while your is is a mirror on wheels haha.

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LOL. No kidding! She does have a Ford Edge though that I took good care of. That is what she drives most of the time. This Jetta is paid for and will be sold next year and she will get a Lexus IS250.

·
RIP Dennis
76,434 Posts
You did any work yet???

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Let's see more pictures! I'm curious to see how bad the failure is, and how much you can polish the turd. ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts