Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving home today my CEL came on, so I got my tuner out and it showed P1000 and P0420 (both for no cats, right?) and I saw an option on my SCT XCAL 2 that said "clear DTC codes" what would happen if I do that? Will it turn my CEL off?

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
yes, but they'll come back on since its says no cats
p1000 is system readiness
you might need mil eliminators or a tune to turn off your rear o2's

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
cant you turn off your rear o2 sensors with the sct handheld?
he needs a custom tune, new tuners had that option taken out of them when there new or update the software

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
he needs a custom tune, new tuners had that option taken out of them when there new or update the software
I don't think mine is new..or updated...lmao

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can I turn off the 02s with my xcal 2?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just thew some MIL eliminators on, then cleared the DTC codes. That is all I have to do to keep my CEL off right?

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
yes

·
Procrastinator
4,558 Posts
Just to throw it out there for whoever has the same problem. There is no harm in running the car with check engine lights on from no cats/rear o2 sensor faults. That is completely for emissions to let you know when your cats go bad and wont hurt anything to drive the car with them on as long as you don't have any other codes show up (that you wont know about because the light is already on for the rear o2s)

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Just to throw it out there for whoever has the same problem. There is no harm in running the car with check engine lights on from no cats/rear o2 sensor faults. That is completely for emissions to let you know when your cats go bad and wont hurt anything to drive the car with them on as long as you don't have any other codes show up (that you wont know about because the light is already on for the rear o2s)
but what if your driving with your check engine light on n be like its just my cats, but you have a misfire or leaking injector? thats were mils or a tune come into play so you can see when you need to plug in the obd2 reader

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I turned my CEL off just incase it comes on for a real reason

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I got MIL eliminators on, and I got the code p0136. What is that?

·
DEC '12 ROTM CO-Winner
5,081 Posts
App on my phone shows it being a Oxygen Sensor Circuit Bank 1 Sensor 2(see P2270, P2271).

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
1 - 16 of 16 Posts