Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So... was wondering if anyone has been pulled over for their turn signal bein clear/white. I would like to replace my yellow turn signals with the clear slyvana bulbs... just dont want to get pulled over for it.

Let me know :D

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
no idea...

but i DO have a question for you zat... about the hood pics cause i got them in finally

how did you remove the things that the hood stops screw in to? now i'll admit i only looked at them for 2 seconds this morning at work but any insight would help alot so that when i go to install them today im not sitting there scratching my head :-D

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
I'm pretty sure in PA they have to be yellow/amber.

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no idea...

but i DO have a question for you zat... about the hood pics cause i got them in finally

how did you remove the things that the hood stops screw in to? now i'll admit i only looked at them for 2 seconds this morning at work but any insight would help alot so that when i go to install them today im not sitting there scratching my head :-D
A flat head screwdriver with some prying...

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
I'm pretty sure in PA they have to be yellow/amber.
Yeah I know in most states they do require a yellow/amber bulb. But something like that I highly doubt that many cops would care about it but there could be that one having a bad day and pulls you over.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
The light that comes out of the bulb is the only part that's required. The bulb and be any color when it's off, as long as it is amber when it turns on.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
The light that comes out of the bulb is the only part that's required. The bulb and be any color when it's off, as long as it is amber when it turns on.
This is 100% correct.

·
Premium Member
14,581 Posts
yea i wouldnt chance using a white bulb, thats not safe either considering everyone else on the road has the amber. they do sell those clear bulbs that light up amber, not sure where are, but i have seen them before. get you some some of those.

·
2009 ROTY
5,646 Posts
i put the silverstar 3157 amber bulbs in. they look much better, and still light up amber when i flip on the blinker. sure they were kinda pricey at 20 bucks for the pair, but they were worth it.

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ya im just gonna go with the stealth bulbs, or the ones Az mentioned.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts