Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it worth putting a clever in to a fox?How hard is it and does the t5 bolt or what do you need to do to make it fit?I am asking because someone I know is selling a fully built one with yates heads and a custom intake.It made like 650 to the flywheel on an engine dyno.IS IT WORTH putting in the fox?I am getting it for like $1800 obo.Thanks you.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
1800 dollars for a 650hp motor? Thats what I call the deal of the year. T-5 bolts right up.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea but how about some after market valve covers I got for my windsor?Someone told me it is very heavy and not worth putting in but I wanted more opinions.What would I need for it to fit like a glove?Does it bolt directly to the windsor mounts?

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Valve cover wont work. Are you talking about a cleveland motor, or a clevor(cleveland heads on a windsor block)?

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A cleveland heads and block.they are yates style heads.

·
Registered
146 Posts
my buddy put a Cleavland in a fox he had custom solid motor mounts built and had to use a 4 speed out of an early 70's stang the trans tunnel had to be cut and so the shifter would fit also needed a custom length drive shaft car was fast and fun

·
Premium Member
11,367 Posts
A 650 hp Cleveland for $1800? I'd like to see the break down of parts and the dyno sheet. Either the guy is full of **** or he is stupid. A good set of Yates heads are more than double what you are getting the entire engine for. If its legit, its a no brainer.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea but how hard is it and what do I need for it to work?

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
D&D makes a swap kit with headers, mounts, oil pan, etc...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts