Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have replaced all rotors, calipers, clamps and pads but it still seems to click when I press the pedal semi-hard. All I have left to replace is the brakelines. Could this possibly be my issue?
I have SS lines and plan on replacing soon anyway but thought I'd get a few opinions from the homies! :yes

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
Jack the car up and see if you have any play in the bearings. I had to replace both front wheel hubs around 130,000 miles.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The bearings have no play. Also realized that it does it sometimes when I turn the wheel.

·
I Have A FLATULENT Butthole.
7,889 Posts
Check to make sure everything in the front end is tight. Bushings, bolts, all that. Jack up one side of the car and try to shake the wheel. If there's any play side to side, but not up and down, you likely have a bad tie rod end. If there's play up and down but not side to side, you likely have a bad balljoint. If there's play side to side and up and down, you either have a bad tie rod and balljoint, or a bad wheel bearing. If it's a wheel bearing you'll hear a very minimal grinding noise if you rotate the tire. If you still can't find anything wrong. i'm out of ideas if there's nothing obvious that would cause it. Have you been able to trace which side its coming from?

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It sounds like the driver side but could be both

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Definitely not the clutch pedal. Just replaced the cable and everything. Plus it will do it even with the clutch depressed.
As for the control arms, how would this be if it is coming from the front end?

·
Registered
245 Posts
your front control arms/ a arms etc.. there's bushings there,if there shot they can make a clicking noise at stops and stuff from the metal on metal contact.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
your front control arms/ a arms etc.. there's bushings there,if there shot they can make a clicking noise at stops and stuff from the metal on metal contact.
I kinda thought you meant the a arms. I'm beginning to think that it is the a arm bushings. How difficult are they to change?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Well first make sure that's what it is,if its clicking they should be pretty worn and you should be able to see if ther all beat up and looks like you have metal hitting metal.I havent had to replace mine yet,but in tomorrow i'll take a quick peak and look at them ,im pretty sure you have to cut them out and have new ones pressed in with a press,might just be easier to replace the whole control arm if you dont have access to some of the tools you,ll need.i know dorman makes alot of replacement control arms nowadays for a pretty decent price i,ll try to remember to look into that tomorrow. but make sure thats what the problem is first,there alot of things under a car that can make clicking noises,i dont wanna see you throw away hard earned money on somethin that may not fix you problem,if youre not sure just take it to a shop to atleast find out what it is and see if its something you think you can handle on your own,shouldnt charge you too much just to look at it.

·
MMM JELLO!!!
905 Posts
mine does this too when i brake...and it did it in my 00 v6 too but it started after i changed the brake pads so i think its the pads or something...if its something dangerous lemme kno lol

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
When I do my SS brake lines I will check everything out. if it does require a press I won't be putting the bushings in, assuming that is what it is.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts