Modded Mustang Forums banner
21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
1StockGT said:
I have a friend that's got a 98 Cobra that didn't move or get started for a little over a year. When he got around to driving it again, all it would do was turn over, but it wouldn't start. He ended up taking it to the dealership, and it had something to do with the anti-theft. They told him something like the anti theft in the car put the car in a theft recovery mode because it hadn't been started in a while, but remember the car hadn't been started in little over a year.

I agree with everyone else....It sounds like you don't have enought cold cranking amps to start the car. If it was the anti theft, it probably wouldn't run at all.

the securilock transceiver, it sends and receives information about the key being used to attempt to start the engine.

thats what it may be, and also it may be the battery.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,419 Posts
I keep my GT up all winter, sometimes longer. I have never had a problem with my PATS, or even had a problem with PATS like youre saying with anything at work. Im not sure how a security system such as PATS can forget a key code? there is a small green circle that goes around the ignition cylinder. It gets the code from the key and allows it to start. First things first..... get a multi and check how much voltage you have.

Dont flame if you already did, cause i didnt feel like reading anymore after the first paragraph.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
627 Posts
Casper98GT said:
I keep my GT up all winter, sometimes longer. I have never had a problem with my PATS, or even had a problem with PATS like youre saying with anything at work. Im not sure how a security system such as PATS can forget a key code? there is a small green circle that goes around the ignition cylinder. It gets the code from the key and allows it to start. First things first..... get a multi and check how much voltage you have.

Dont flame if you already did, cause i didnt feel like reading anymore after the first paragraph.
I didn't say winter.....I said a little over a year. What I posted was what the dealer told him. Also, I didn't say anything about it forgetting a key code. According to the dealership there is some type of anti theft mode that the car can go into that only the dealership can reset. I don't know if they were pulling his chain or not, all I know is we went to start the car and all it did was turn over. No flaming here, just sharing with everyone the only experience I have with the PATS having trouble.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Casper98GT said:
First things first..... get a multi and check how much voltage you have.
.342-.348 v


:crazy

recommended battery brand? ( everstart is in now )
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,716 Posts
1StockGT said:
I didn't say winter.....I said a little over a year. What I posted was what the dealer told him. Also, I didn't say anything about it forgetting a key code. According to the dealership there is some type of anti theft mode that the car can go into that only the dealership can reset. I don't know if they were pulling his chain or not, all I know is we went to start the car and all it did was turn over. No flaming here, just sharing with everyone the only experience I have with the PATS having trouble.
Sounds like BS to me....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
eh, maybe when me electrical probs go away :crazy



i bought another, it crackles when i touch the positive cable to the positive post ....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
well, new info:


there was an issue with my wipers, when i previously was driving my car, and really thought nothing of it, except how annoying it was.


well guess what i just found....











a nice wire coming out of fuse #26 - wipers / wipers relay ....


2 things:

- 1: im going to replace this "fused" fuse with another just like it without the wire

- 2: where does this wire lead to? and what would be needed on when windshield wipers are needed on?


ill let you know of any new updates as i learn of them ( this will help refresh my memory so i can write it down, to present the list of modifications and repairs, should i ever sell it / need major repairs.

later

-lemon
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,852 Posts
lemon said:
i bought another, it crackles when i touch the positive cable to the positive post ....
make sure the negative terminal is off before putting on the positive one...

also, you should be able to hold the fuse up to a light and see if the fuse connection is broken or not. did you ever get it back to starting with a new battery?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
why put on the positive cable last?


fuse wasnt broken, but was a little brown, and not rusty :crazy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,852 Posts
lemon said:
why put on the positive cable last?


fuse wasnt broken, but was a little brown, and not rusty :crazy
positive on first off last. always make sure the negative cable is off before attaching or removing the positive one...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
99mustang232 said:
are you able to jump it?

well, with a new battery i dont need to jump it ....


but without any light, im not messing with her no more today. tomorrow though we'll see if the new fuse without a wire makes the problem go away...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,852 Posts
so does it start and now your new problem is with your wipers?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
wipers is an old problem.

its not daylight yet, so i havent put in the battery.


not having a garage sucks :crazy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,852 Posts
i hear ya. well, let us know when you do get it at least running then we can move on to helping with your wipers issue
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
thanks ab


im gonna take me mom to work ( she just had her med port taken our )

and then im trying the battery again
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
well, im an idiot


clicking noise was hazzards ... stupid owner's manual didnt say which position the switch was supposed to be in for it to be off... 'press ... press again'
 
21 - 40 of 67 Posts
Top