Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wish i had a better camera, because it does the setup no justice. stay tuned for the fly by at 1:25

·
Registered
208 Posts
Sounds good, I was actually looking into the pypes bomb today.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Sounds pretty nasty bro; I like the tone sounds nice and deep for O/R, but I'm guessing that's probably the H pipe. Mine is a lot raspier, I don't think I could run the pype bombs- any louder and my neighbors would kill me.

What size wheel/tire are you running? That was a hefty spin into 2nd, but since I threw on 275's I don't spin nearly as much, even with the 4.10s. Are you still on a stock tire width?

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sounds pretty nasty bro; I like the tone sounds nice and deep for O/R, but I'm guessing that's probably the H pipe. Mine is a lot raspier, I don't think I could run the pype bombs- any louder and my neighbors would kill me.

What size wheel/tire are you running? That was a hefty spin into 2nd, but since I threw on 275's I don't spin nearly as much, even with the 4.10s. Are you still on a stock tire width?
i'm still running stock pirelli's and yes it spins really bad. it starts spinning at around 4k in 1st, and really bad on the 1st-2nd shift. As you can see i was granny shifting and it still shreds the tires. you cant really see in the video, but it gets pretty squirrly. i was thinking about getting some LCA's to help

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
sounds good with the H pipe.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Ok yea that makes sense. I could squeal like that on my Kuhmo's, they were only 235's. The 275's have much less spin, even with 4.10's I only do a moderate squeal in 2nd and a chirp into third. But I can notice the squirreliness in the vid, mine used to do the same.

I'm not sure if the LCA's will get rid of the spin, it will more so stop the wheel hop. it may help a bit but if the grip isn't there it isn't there. Are they your original stock pirelli's or a new set? How is the tread? Looks to me like you might need some new rubber- that's more likely to increase your grip than LCA's.

·
Registered
208 Posts
If I just installed the axle back pype bombs would it be too loud that neighbors would hate me. I bought mine used and it had dynomax bullets. But, who ever installed them just welded pipe to stick out the end. Its so ugly just to have regular pipe out the back. Listening to videos I don't think it would be too loud.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
pype bombs are fairly quiet with the stock H. My neighbors dont hate me, but they definatly look twice when start it up.

·
Registered
727 Posts
With an H (especially stock with cats) you should be fine. I just wouldn't want to with my set-up, I think it would be even raspier than it is already. Don't get me wrong it sounds great but I just think coupling them with an H rather than an X would be the way to go. The headers play a role in the noise too, LT's sound a hell of a lot different than the stock manifolds.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
pype bombs sound like raspy **** with o/r x

·
Registered
727 Posts
My point exactly. Good find.

BTW that kid in the vid looks like he's 12, what the hell is he doin with keys to that car?!?!?!

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah, he definatly looks about 4 ft tall. probably because the car is on ramps, but he definatly looks 12

·
9k All Day.
3,449 Posts
its actually an old dude, whos like 4ft tall. :lmao

·
Registered
208 Posts
pype bombs are fairly quiet with the stock H. My neighbors dont hate me, but they definatly look twice when start it up.
Good to know, I was thinking these or the Flowmaster American Thunder? So I will be pleased with the pypes?

·
9k All Day.
3,449 Posts
everything > blowmasters. *FLAME SUIT...ACTIVATE*

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Good to know, I was thinking these or the Flowmaster American Thunder? So I will be pleased with the pypes?
I'm not gonna bash flowmasters, but if you run them, an o/r H is a must, because it wont sound much better than the stock cans, and whatever you do, dont put an o/r x with them.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I'm not gonna bash flowmasters, but if you run them, an o/r H is a must, because it wont sound much better than the stock cans, and whatever you do, dont put an o/r x with them.

True...same for pypes...I just went back to stock from Pypes Violators, Ima just get an x-pipe and keep the Stock Mufflers,
Actually sounds decent

1 - 20 of 28 Posts