Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
The soul stealing Ginger
5,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have Mac longtubes, H pipe, Catalytic Converters, and flowmaster 40s. Yesterday i seafoamed the car and noticed that the majority of the smoke was only coming out of the drivers side tail pipe. when i put my hand behind the passenger side there was not nearly as much exhaust coming out as the driver side, i do know that i have hit a few speedbumps and i think i came down ontop of my CATS a few times, im not sure but going to check for scrapes today. basically the question is should the exhaust be coming out equal on both sides or is more force exerted through the driver side pipes.:sorry

·
The soul stealing Ginger
5,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
:(........bump

·
The soul stealing Ginger
5,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ill have to check to see if mine is muffled, but other than that i have the same issue, but i have no codes running, p420 i believe is the code where i changed out a few things on the EGR system

·
The soul stealing Ginger
5,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I checked it yesterday after seafoaming, i tapped my inertia switch to spring it and when i did that it threw a code, inertia switch was the only thing reading.

·
Registered
744 Posts
if you have an H pipe then im guessing its a bit of both, more air will be coming out the drivers side, but it shouldn't be that noticable.

·
The soul stealing Ginger
5,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would say its pretty noticeable. considering cutting off my CATS (no emissions tests here) to see about a different sound.

·
Registered
744 Posts
isk about cutting the cats... i heard you lose some mpg and it won't sound that great.

·
The soul stealing Ginger
5,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I used to have them gutted before but when i got the full exhaust setup i have no i opted for CATS again. well see, i would like to see what it sounds like CATless and if i dont like it i can always have new ones put back on.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts