Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i was driving my mach the otherday and i noticed the sky started to get cloudy, and dumbass me didnt check to see if it was supposed to rain, it was like 48 degress out and sunny which is really nice around here this time of year, so i drove home when i noticed it looked like rain, so i get home put it in the garage and what do you know like 5 minutes later it rains, so im just wandering if with the shaker and all that getting caught in the rain would be bad, im assuming not since the shaker doesnt become extremely functiounal untill 80 mph from what i hear, my own guess is it wouldnt have been a problem but i was just wandering

·
Premium Member
33,198 Posts
rain wont harm your shaker

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
i've always wondered if rain would harm the shaker myself

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
are you saying you've never driven your car in the rain?
nope never drove my car in the rain

and its not the shaker im worried about, its getting water into my motor

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i was just making sure, water can get thru the filter by the way

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
rain is fine. They have a system on the shaker that catches water before it gets to the filter. Unless your spraying it with a hose or something its completely fine. Some sort of drain on it. Someone with a shaker can say for sure since i dont have one... but yeah its fine.

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i know it has hoses that drain the try on the shaker when water gets into that, but ive never looked into it to much more then that, i never plan on driving it in the rain or snow or whatever, but i just wanted to make sure in case i get caught in a unexpecting storm

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
drove my 99 cobra in the rain with a functional shaker many times in the rain. then i got smart, and took that stupid plastic hose off going from he shaker to the air box, made the shaker functional to coolt he engine bay some, and got a JLT RAI.

·
Premium Member
14,288 Posts
The only situation i ever read about where something like this happened it was on the first 4th gn firebirds with the ram air option. I beleive it was on a 94 or 95, and apprently those cars had a feature where u could open and close the ram air.

Some guy left it open through a storm and drove for 3 hours, and wound up trashing his motor. I don't know how much truth there is to this either, as i read it in aforsale add on an f-body forum. It was his excuse for having rebuilt motor in a car with only 33k on the clock

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i see, thanks, still dont plan on driving it in the rain, but at least i know if i get stuck out there

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i have water run off tubes on mine. ive had mine in the rain many times and no harm
whered your chin spoiler go, dont see it in the pic in your sig

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Yes ford wouldnt build it if you couldnt drive it in the rain, atleast they would make sure everyone knows 'its a collectors car not to be driven in rain' or something like that.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Mustang racR are you close to the MD line? Do you go to the mustang shows at Carlisle?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts