Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wishing I didn't go cheap with my base Mustang and went with the upgrade interior. Has anyone tried the leather seat covers? How does this work actually? Does the cloth just remove and you install a leather cover?

·
Registered
577 Posts
I have always liked like the Katzskin since it is customizable and fairly cheap (about 1000). I almost decided to get a base model just so I could do it myself.

·
Biz Jet Fixer
4,985 Posts
Would you have to take the cloth covers out of would it go right over it?

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
you got the 5.0! sick!

LOL, i was looking at a few yesterday! still can't push myself just YET to trade in! kinda waiting to see how the 12's are holding up!

With both of the leather you would replace the cloth! but i know that there are pull over's made

·
Registered
577 Posts
You take off the cloth and replace it. Hard on the hands but doable in one day.

·
Biz Jet Fixer
4,985 Posts
Aww man...I was hoping I could just leave the cloth on..oh well...Once I pick up another job this fall I may pull the plug on leather.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Not sure why that's a big deal but you do not ruin the cloth when removing unless your in a hurry and cut it. The hard part is getting the leather back on not pulling the cloth off.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the advice guys. I am still gathering all the mods I wanna do in my head before I start putting money into the 5.0. I am seriously considering trading in for a new Challenger. I had a hard choice when I chose between the two and in the long term I think I will be happier in an automatic and with a bigger car it being a daily driver with passengers. At the time I could not find a Dodge dealership to come close on my Mustang quote I had though. After reading some horror stories about the issues happening I now too am having shifting problems and will begin the process tomorrow morning. Have an appointment to check it out but I am real close to pulling the trigger and making the change.

·
Biz Jet Fixer
4,985 Posts
You're going to regret it. I guarantee it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Your choice.....obviously. If you want a bigger boulevard cruiser kind of car that may be the move for you. I wouldn't do it. I want a more responsive drivers car.

·
Biz Jet Fixer
4,985 Posts
I like the challengers :shiftyeyes

There's drawbacks to every car made known to man. And positives. I don't know if Dodge has ever fixed their rep for having shitty transmissions or not though with these newer cars.
What's the drawback with a Mustang? Having a badass car that everyone loves? :p

·
Biz Jet Fixer
4,985 Posts
How do you remove the cloth covers? The only interior I've ever done was with hog rings in an old camaro...

I think I might pull the trigger on this, that's not a bad price.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Katzskin are great! :2cents

·
Biz Jet Fixer
4,985 Posts
Katzskin=$$$$$$$$$$

·
Registered
577 Posts
Should be instructions on their site but they basically just pull off. Yeah they are a little expensive but I have buddies who have them in show cars. They are 100% quality and last longer then dealer leather.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts