Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I was wondering when I know to get a new clutch I have to push the clutch all the way in to the floorboard or it wont start lol so I try to push it all the way down when i shift gears just incase

so if someone could tell me when I know i need a new clucth thanks

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
You have to push the clutch all the way to the floor to start it, there is a clutch safety switch.

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea i dont know what that means but yes the clutch has to be alllllllll the way down or it wont start like wont even try it MUST be pushed ALL the way down

·
Registered
437 Posts
Like ryan said there is a switch that has to make a connection in order for it to start, that's why you have to push it all the way in to start. I don't think you should have to push it all the way in to change gears though.

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok so thats normal i thought my clutch was starting to go

·
Registered
371 Posts
i dont think that has anything to do with the clutch's performance u always have to push it to the floor to start it but mine would slip when i just barily tapped it so i went ahead and replaced it it was about shot i wjust got a off brand performance kit with a new cable and stuff since it was a little old and it sticks way better now and holds perfect lauching it

·
Registered
437 Posts
ok so thats normal i thought my clutch was starting to go
yeah, it's normal unless you disconnect it. Mine was disconnected when I bought it though.

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok what are the signs that your clutch is going?

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
worry about the stuff you are sure is wrong with your car, first, elective surgery will come later.

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
if u have to push it to the floor to shift gears or if u let off the clutch and it doesnt catch and u smell burning clutch..

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok well I was jw cause I know trannys are expensive and I didnt want it to sneak up on me and me be Fudged

·
Registered
173 Posts
tiller88 if you have to get a new clutch you should get a center force dual friction i just put one in my car about 2000 miles ago ...... and i am very happy with it

·
Who Care's ... Boost It!
538 Posts
now if you're one of those drivers that uses the clutch pedal as your foot rest, then yeah it's time for another clutch LOL. I'm just messin

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
yeah before my dad had his hip surgery he had to have a new clutch put in his truck about every 4 months or so because it hurt him more to move his foot off the pedal between shift than it was worth to save his clutch......but thats a lil off topic

·
Registered
371 Posts
yea i dont know what that means but yes the clutch has to be alllllllll the way down or it wont start like wont even try it MUST be pushed ALL the way down

does this have a adjustable kit installed, i had a similar issue when i got mine but also the clutch was out of adjustment some, i tightened her up and it made me not have to push it quite so far to start it, mine was really bad though to the floor and past it seemed like then itd start.

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thats kind of how mine is and I have no idea how do i check if its adjustable

·
Registered
371 Posts
sorry i dont have a pic of my bellhousing right now but anyway, on the drivers side jack it up and on the bellhousing of the trans is a metal guard held in by one screw, take out the screw and the gaurd will slip off, then youll be able to see you clutch cable. if its adjustable itll have a nut and bolt to adjust with, if not and its jsut a metal end its not an adjustable cable.

ill try to post links with both types of cables in a few

also to it may have a firewall adjuster

·
Registered
371 Posts
haha i jsut adjusted mine today out in the ****, i hate winter. here is a pic of mine i had already on my computer, the red circle is your clutch adjustment at this time i left my cover off it as i had to shim it and other bs. was an old cable its been since replaced

·
Registered
371 Posts
sorry i hit post before i added the pic, and if you ever have to replace it go with the firewall adjuster its much easier, pop your hood and adjust, no jacking it up

1 - 20 of 29 Posts