Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed the clutch adjustment kit from AM today. Everything went on fine but I'm not sure how to make the clutch shorter and engage sooner. The way we set it was half way on the cable, half way on the adjuster, and on the first quadrant hook closest to the firewall. Need to know what to do to get it to engage closer to the floor. Thanks guys

·
Too Soon, Junior!
3,830 Posts
The correct way to do it is to get the clutch pedal height adjuster that I describe in this article: Clutch. You can also do it by loosening the firewall adjuster and giving the clutch cable a lot more slack, but it's going to feel very sloppy and it's not safe or recommended.

·
Carving corners
3,328 Posts
The correct way to do it is to get the clutch pedal height adjuster that I describe in this article: Clutch. You can do it by giving the clutch cable a lot more slack, but it's going to feel very sloppy and it's not safe or recommended.
thats a great wright up never even seen that spring on the fork what a great idea!

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
^ Yup... asian knows what hes talking about. The correct way to do it is get the pedal height adjuster.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The correct way to do it is to get the clutch pedal height adjuster that I describe in this article: Clutch. You can do it by giving the clutch cable a lot more slack, but it's going to feel very sloppy and it's not safe or recommended.
I see what you are saying in that write up. To clear it up though, the more slack inbetween the cable and clutch fork=pedal engagement closer to the floor?

Repped btw

·
Too Soon, Junior!
3,830 Posts
More slack via turning the firewall adjuster clockwise (loosening the clutch cable tension) until your clutch gets closer to the floor. Many people do it, though it's not something I'd recommend.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
I see what you are saying in that write up. To clear it up though, the more slack inbetween the cable and clutch fork=pedal engagement closer to the floor?

Repped btw
Turning the adjuster out will pull more slack from the pedal and make it engage higher. Spinning it in(closer to the firewall) makes it loose and engages closer to the floor.

Reactions: brody904

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
More slack via turning the firewall adjuster clockwise (loosening the clutch cable tension) until your clutch gets closer to the floor. Many people do it, though it's not something I'd recommend.
Motherfucker :)

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I could probably afford to loosen it just a bit then because right now it is snug on the fork with no slack whatsoever...

·
Registered
697 Posts
So the MM and Jegs pedal height adjuster will retain the function of the cruise control and 2-step, correct? And the UPR and Steeda doesn't?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts