Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how can you tell when you need a clutch adjustment??

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anybody?

·
MM's resident Juice head
7,913 Posts
i thought they were self adjusting now a days??

·
Registered
35 Posts
2006 mustangs have a hydraulic clutch and it is self adjusting.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
what is wrong with the clutch? Our cars use a hydraulic throw out bearing so there is no adjustment for it. Some aftermarket clutch's come with a spacer to change the engagement position but that is it for any adjusting.

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
idk whats wrong with it i let it out at the exact same time everytime and its either smooth or it stutters....and i mean im precise with the clutch and gas so i thought maybe it needed adjusting but nvm haha idk know if its an aftermarket either cuz i bought it used haha

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
My Spec 3+ is the same way, a factory clutch usually never shudders it should always be smooth since it sacrifices performance for driveability and smoothness

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
you know i was wondering why when i test drove it in september that the clutch pedal was pretty firm...but do you think its a spec 3 instead of a stocker is htere anyway i can tell without pullin the trans? Cuz that would deffinetly explain why it does that. I mean i have to really really try to make it smooth its always a harsher shift and when i say harsher its fine for me but my gf is like damn chill out and im like its my clutch what can i say...it grabs like a SOB hahaha

Because hte mustang i test drove before this shifted smooth as **** and then i drove mine and it was much much firmer and grabbed harder haha sweet it came with a better clutch thats awesome

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
alright well i called ford part services deptartment and asked them what could have been done and i gave the guy my vin to look up. My GT was a demo car when the 06's first came out and he told me it was modded with exhaust, intake, and what not but they had to take most of that off to sell it. I was like well ok but would they take off the HP clutch to sell it and he was like no they didn't. I was like is there any chance that it tells you what clutch i have cuz i know this isn't stock. He told me it was a Spec Stage 3 hahaha. So hey i bought a car off the lot with a Stage 3 in it im pretty happy about that hahaha

1 - 13 of 13 Posts