Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have a all stock 1998 cobra i was wondering whats a good clutch to throw on it, im looking to do bolt ons, full exaust, Cai, Tune, lower gears like 4.10's or 4.30's and a shortshifter what clutch would u sugest stage 2? Its a daily driven car. And if so what brands are good? I need more than one brand because idk if my garage will have that exact brand.

Thanks Joe

·
Zoolander
7,719 Posts
I love my Spec Stage 2+ clutch. Don't use the tob it comes with get another OEM one if you need to replace it. It has good stock like qualities, but it bites when you want it to.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I have a spec stage 2 in mine and love it. I had the ram hd before but the TOB went bad so i went ahead and changed it to the spec stage 2. Also get a OEM TOB. You can order spec and American muscle.

·
Premium Member
8,732 Posts
You would be well served to buy your own clutch and then let then install it. instead choosing one based on the ones they have.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
But see i want my car back lol and i can get it all on one day they will fix it wednesday and have the part installed wednesday.

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
I also rung Spec as well along with an aluminum flywheel. As stated dont use the TOB that comes with it go ahead and get a FRPP TOB. Ive seen aftermarket TOB's go out real quick and some even right out of the box. The FRPP one is only about 30 or so.

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
I run a SPEC stage 2+ with a aluminum flywheel, steeda adjustable cable and a steeda quick release clutch quadrant. It has a nice feel and has never given me a problem. and def get a FRPP TOB like stated above dont use the SPEC one.

besides that the only complaint I have about my SPEC clutch is it doesnt feel agressive enough on the release. I like an extremely snappy clutch. my brothers cobra runs I beleive its a Mcleod stage 3 and it has alot better feel

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ugh, that sucks that icant run the stock TOB, Is it only for spec? Or all brands? Cuz like i said I Cant get a spec from my garage.

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
then just get something along the lines of centerforce, no one usually has problems with them

·
Zoolander
7,719 Posts
Ugh, that sucks that icant run the stock TOB, Is it only for spec? Or all brands? Cuz like i said I Cant get a spec from my garage.
Personally I'd use an OEM TOB no matter what. I've heard of tons and tons of aftermarket ones going bad prematurely.

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
:withhomo

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
bump bump bump please guys i need to know is the Zoom HP 48-1 Clutch equivalent to a Stage2? how much Hp is it rated for? It doesnt say anywhere what stage it is.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
dont over clutch. i would go with something like a super king cobra, spec 2, or something along those lines. another option is to upgrade to an 11in set up, if you do that i would just go with a stock termi clutch kit. the input shaft on the t45 is weak and is prone do damge easily. i have twisted 2 and broke 1 in my car because i over clutched it.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts