Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Just bought the steeda set up haven't installed it yet. Had a bad experience with a knock off set in the past on my fox body. Was stranded in smyrna bout 2 hours from home due to a cheap cable that came with the set off ebay. The guys at brothers perf recommend the steeda set up but of course they sell.them so.....I'll have it on soon but it'll be a bit before I know about the quality.

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
I've got the UPR kit on the Bullitt, and have used the Steeda and Maximum Motorsport's kit in the past. I don't think one was better than the other, they kind of do the exact same job with the exact same results and the exact same quality. I would expect about the same from any of them.

Just stick with the stock cable, most aftermarket adjustable cables suck, and don't last long.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
^+1, there is no rocket science involved--just buy a quadrant and adjuster, and KEEP the stock cable...

I have UPR's 3-hook quadrant and quick-click adjuster. The quadrant is the same as anyone's (the 3rd hook is to dodge a patent issue with Steeda), however the quick-click adjuster is a cut above those that require you to muck about with a set-screw...

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i have UPR's kit, works fine for me, had for about a year now.

I recommend it, and i beat on my car.
thank you for the imput i was looking at the UPR kit

welcome back from the grave Grn Ghost. Haven't seen you posting around here for a while.
I normally just read posts i dont have a whole lot going on with the car ( no problems ) i just replaced my TOB and I dont think it is quite touching the pressure plate like its suppose to and there is some slack on my clutch so i figured a cable adjuster is what was in order. :yes

I've got the UPR kit on the Bullitt, and have used the Steeda and Maximum Motorsport's kit in the past. I don't think one was better than the other, they kind of do the exact same job with the exact same results and the exact same quality. I would expect about the same from any of them.

Just stick with the stock cable, most aftermarket adjustable cables suck, and don't last long.
that is very comforting to know.

^+1, there is no rocket science involved--just buy a quadrant and adjuster, and KEEP the stock cable...

I have UPR's 3-hook quadrant and quick-click adjuster. The quadrant is the same as anyone's (the 3rd hook is to dodge a patent issue with Steeda), however the quick-click adjuster is a cut above those that require you to muck about with a set-screw...
im just handing out thanks today :D

reps to all of you:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts