Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my clutch cable broke, while driving home today. After it broke the transmission started making a strange noise which I can figure out what it is. I parked it, replaced the cable , set it in the medium placement on the clutch pedal and the car would start but roll and die immediately (clutch not fully engaging). So I readjusted the cable to the tightest (third setting) setting and now it won't shift into gear (clutch not engaging at all), it starting making the noise again. The clutch pedal returns to its position after i remove my foot from it, so i know its attached correctly at the fork. So we towed it home and tomorrow i get to spend the day fixing it. Any ideas? I think i might have to tear the whole thing down and reinstall it again.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Its like 100 bucks for a new stdeea one

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just installed a new one and i suspect that it is too long, what is the length supposed to be? I got the pioneer Inc Part No CA-318, I believe it is a 58 inch length. What is the correct length?

·
Banned
3,385 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've only had the new one on for about a month and a half, when I compared the two they were very close in length. Could there be another reason why the clutch won't engage other than the cable?

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
Umm i'd take a close look at your quadrant (under the dash where the cable attaches) and make sure it's functioning correctly then make sure the clutch fork (where the cable attaches under the car at the trans) is in order as well and make sure the cable isn't touching the exhaust at all

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, the quadrant is working fine from what i have seen, the old snapped under the dash, so the exhaust isnt the issue. i figured the fork could be th culprit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts