Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my clutch pedal catches way too high do i need to looen or tighten the nut on the clutch fork to make it grab lower?

·
Registered
371 Posts
my clutch pedal catches way too high do i need to looen or tighten the nut on the clutch fork to make it grab lower?

loosening it will make it grab sooner, do it a little at a time and then take it for a drive on each adjustment till your happy

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks man really appreciate it

·
Registered
81 Posts
you know all you have to do is stick your foot under the pedle and pull up it will click then push it down to the floor do this like 5 6 times its will adjust the clutch for you.

·
Registered
371 Posts
you know all you have to do is stick your foot under the pedle and pull up it will click then push it down to the floor do this like 5 6 times its will adjust the clutch for you.

having a nut and bolt thru his clutch fork i figured he had an adjustable aluminum quadrant, if so the nut is the only way...

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thats not the way mine is set up

·
Registered
371 Posts
is yours stock? if so then thats the way they were all set up the only way its not adjustable with your foot is if you have an aluminum quadrant but then you would most likely have a firewall adjuster to go with it

not that a firewall adjuster isnt good it is, but ive seen lots of stangs not have it jsut the alum. quad and adj. cable. thats how mine came to, guess its the most common and cheapest way to go at local parts stores. i havent upgraded to a firewall adjuster yet as once i set mine up with a new cable its been fine off the intial adjustment, so its low on my list now to buy...

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
i have the stock quadrant i just bought an adjustible cable and it works fine disingauges and ingauges right in the middle..

·
Registered
81 Posts
i have the quadrant and firewall adjuster. i would deff get the firewall adjuster its the best thing ever. its so much better than the adjustable cable you dont have to get under the car to adjust it.

·
Registered
371 Posts
i have the quadrant and firewall adjuster. i would deff get the firewall adjuster its the best thing ever. its so much better than the adjustable cable you dont have to get under the car to adjust it.

im under my car enouph if it needs it ill adjust it then, with a new cable you shouldnt have to be adjusting it though, only once it gets worn and then you should be replacing it not adjusting it, ive snapped them before its not fun.

once again though im not against firewall adjusters but if someone doesnt have one no big deal...

·
Registered
5,556 Posts

if it is catching at the top then it is also releasing at the top that means u might not be getting the full grabbing power out of your clutch.. if u have an adjustible cable then loosen it like 3 whole rotations and see if that feels better mine is right in the middle so i think its perfect right there it gives me time to shift before i let off the clutch.. make sure u are lostening it not just turning the whole cable.. there should be 2 nuts on that rod :eek: take a pair if vice grips and clamp them to the non thredded part right between the clutch fork and the bellhousing then u can loosten them without worrieing about the cable twisting..

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yea lol thatd be a bad reason to be yelling at my car for some reason there was only one nut on it but ive done 2 clutches, my stock one was slipping when i got it so i replaced it then my tansmission was popping out of first so i started in second alot now im on my 3rd but o well its a lesson learned ... do things the right way first...so i think im the dummy that forgot to put the second nut on

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
ya the first one is to tighten the cable and the second one is so the first one doesnt come loose.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i gotta get that second nut does anyone know where i could get one im sure its some special thread that ford used and not something i have laying around even though i have thousands of them

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
no its not a special thred just take the nut thats on there off and take it to the autoparts store or home depot and get one make usre its the same thred but a smaller bolt like a 1/2 or 13mm

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
alright thanks man btw nice job on your car i wanna do the same thing eventually

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
thanks ...ya it just takes time and money... i am about 5 k deep in my build not including the car....but next build i will have all the supporting mods already done its the little **** that adds up...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts