Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i snaped my cable last night and put a new one in.....but when i try to push the pedal down to get the click it clicks before it gets to the bottom. i still have the stock plastic gear things in there but need it to work..they are still good but the cable acts like its to short.....what can i do to get this thing in?

·
Registered
569 Posts
did you try adjusting it

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea the ajuster is a pile of **** but everything seems to still work fine....just wont click in right tried pulling and pushin????????

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so i went and snagged another quadrant off a 93 and tried that with the new cable and the old pawl.....same **** when you push down to adjust it it just clicks...(the old pawl is still in fair shap) i ordered the steeda double hook but in the meen time any suggestions?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Are you running an aftermarket cable? If so, try a ford oem one. I went through 3 aftermaket cables splitting a couple years back.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I purchase a upr firewall adjuster and triple hook quadrant and adj cable. cable ended up breaking and replaced with a stock cable. you have to take the firewall part off the stock cable but it works. also use a small amount of oil or antiseize on the cable and it will help keep it from binding and breaking.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
dont you have to pull the petal to you to get it to adjust? i had the sam deal i fixed mine b&m adjusable on the firewall cable much better my clutch was to strong and kept striping the plastic **** it doesnt take much for them not to work

·
Who Care's ... Boost It!
538 Posts
Take your refurbished and cleaned cable back to autozone, spend the extra money and get a new BBK clutch waud and cable so you can desinate your issue. Not talking smack, I used to work for Autozone

·
Who Care's ... Boost It!
538 Posts
^ wuad = Quad

1 - 11 of 11 Posts