Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since there are all the threads about clutch's I thought I would add. From personal experience, Which clutch did you have a good/bad experience with and which TOB did you use? Also, would you use that manufacturer's clutch again?

·
The Despised Vert
3,557 Posts
you put a 6060 in a v6? do you have a power adder?

I am running a spec3 and it heat soaks way to bad at the strip... when its cool I can launch the crap out of it but then I have to sit for an hour or it will slip... never had any issues on the street.. I put 550 rwhp down... thinking about switching to centerforce

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^ I've had the TR6060 installed on my v6 since early '09. I'm planning on adding 2 cylinders :) and need to know who makes a good long lasting clutch for the v8...

To get the 6spd to bolt up I had to buy an adapter plate.

·
The Despised Vert
3,557 Posts
My nephew bought a mustang speed shop here in KC... He is all about getting his v6 roush into the 11's with weight reduction and a 03cobra blower.. now he has the place to do it... they are also going to do a turbo 6 shop car...
I have been thinking about the 6060 but I can't seem to kill my 3650... I have made well over 400 passes at the strip with it and had no issues at all.. heat soaked clutch is a sepperate issue...

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My nephew bought a mustang speed shop here in KC... He is all about getting his v6 roush into the 11's with weight reduction and a 03cobra blower.. now he has the place to do it... they are also going to do a turbo 6 shop car...
I have been thinking about the 6060 but I can't seem to kill my 3650... I have made well over 400 passes at the strip with it and had no issues at all.. heat soaked clutch is a sepperate issue...
if your asking me where I got my adapter plate, I got it from Nice Pony on the mustang collective.

Thanks for sharing your experiences with spec. Right now I'm looking at a new Mcleod clutch for $200, but I haven't been able to find much on them... Have you heard anything about them?

·
Retired MM Ninjas
12,556 Posts
I had a bad experience with a Spec Stage 2, it didn't hold up for very long. I only will use a FRPP TOB.

I then installed a Mcleod twin disc, and loved it. Held up to 500+ rwhp on the street, and 5000+ rpm lauches on slicks. Great clutch worth the money, will be buying one again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts