Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Tree Fiddy Z
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally hit 21,000 miles on my 06 4.0 6er...and I think my clutch may be going bad. I used to do a lot of city driving, and my clutch was getting a little soft. I changed jobs (which explains why I'm not on very much anymore, I'm always working) and now I'm doing all highway driving. My clutch hardened and put a smile on my face. But now it's getting soft again. One things for sure though, now that I get to open 'er up on the highway a little...my engine seems to be running much more efficient...so that I'm happy about. I won't be extremely heart broken about the clutch going bad, it's still under warranty...but it would be a little disheartening with a clutch going bad after only 21,000 miles. Any thoughts?

·
Banned
15,799 Posts
if your really riding the clutch maybe its bad
so far only thing that may be wrong is the pressure plate

i do not believe ford covers clutch for warranty you can always go in and see though

·
Tree Fiddy Z
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if your really riding the clutch maybe its bad
so far only thing that may be wrong is the pressure plate

i do not believe ford covers clutch for warranty you can always go in and see though
Don't ride the clutch. First 3 years/36,000 miles isn't bumper to bumper? Even so I bought the extended powertrain warranty which does include clutch.

My buddie's sister had a clutch go bad. Along with a few other things...so she sold it. But they did replace everything that went bad.

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
clutch is covered to 35000 miles, but to have one go out that fast your damn hard on it

·
Banned
15,799 Posts
Don't ride the clutch. First 3 years/36,000 miles isn't bumper to bumper? Even so I bought the extended powertrain warranty which does include clutch.

My buddie's sister had a clutch go bad. Along with a few other things...so she sold it. But they did replace everything that went bad.
you could check it out the fingers on the pressure plate or the springs in the plate may possibly be bad or have gone bad
it is akward though as my clutch lasted 7yrs no problem

·
Tree Fiddy Z
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I mean at first I may have been riding clutch because it's a new car and had to get used to it. I don't really race at all..maybe once every other tank of gas. Like I said I did a lot of city driving...stop and go. But my foot is off the clutch whenever possible. So that being said..that's where I'm at. I appreciate all the input...I was just seeing what the problem might be. But it's off to bed...early rise for another long day at work.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts