Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my clutch feels sticky when I play around in my car. Like when I give it a little gas or whatever it feels like sticky. When I drive around town like normal it feels really nice or whatever. Could this mean that my clutch is going?

·
Registered
470 Posts
I have no idea what you mean but in my situation when i got my car the clutch was fine but now its going bad and well i cant tell the difference in my clutch feeling from when i first got it till now it has felt the same this whole time still grabs like a champ but now the random noises and whines it makes has me ready to replace the whole clutch system. I could never tell that mine was going bad or anything cuz it felt the same the whole time is what im trying to say i guess. Doubt that helps you but its 2 cents for ya :p

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Could you explain what you mean by random noises and whines a little more lol?

·
Registered
470 Posts
Well on really cold days out here in colorado i hear a high pitched "whaaaaa" when i press the clutch in and when i let it back out it sounds like a "Wheeeeeemmm" but only noticable from inside the car not outside. And on the warm days i hear a small little mouse squeak type of noise when i press it in to a certain point. But just today it was a warm day and it constantly made a weird medium pitched kinda rumble that only went away when i had the clutch pushed in, i was kinda playing around with it and taping the clutch in about a half inch and letting it out it sounded like "Rwarreemm" but then i let my car sit for a couple hours then went back outside and there was no noises at all anymore... but then... sitting at the sonic drive though after about 2 good hours of no clutch noises out of nowhere it screams at me and i mean SCREAMS at me for like 3 seconds then it went away and i wasnt even doing nothing with the clutch im just sitting there waiting for my milkshakes and i hear a loud ass super high pitched scream that i'v herd in some youtube video's of other peoples mustang clutch noise which kinda sounds like a little girl with a super high pitched voice going "AAAHHHH"

Sorry for the horrible descriptions but the noises are hard to put into letters lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts