Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah, I think my clutch is giving way and it's time for a new one. How much does the average install cost on them?

Thanks
Al

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
the tranny would need to be dropped... idk about 300 labor? i would get a new clutch kit with TOB and all the goddies since your dropping the tranny

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How hard would the install be? I haven't seen a write up about one. One of my friends has a place where we could do the install.

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
I'd say thats about right for labor. Depending on what clutch you get and whether you buy a new flywheel or resurface your stock one you should be looking at 550 to 900 bucks parts and labor. I went ahead and got an aluminum drive shaft, fidanza aluminum flywheel and a spec ll clutch kit. parts alone were around 800.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
How hard would the install be? I haven't seen a write up about one. One of my friends has a place where we could do the install.
its not hard just time counsuming... dropping the tranny isnt a quick job, but its not rocket science, and the best writeups are in chiltons manuels

·
Registered
512 Posts
i had the help of a buddy who couldent change his own oil and we started sat morning and finished before the shop closed at 7pm its a very easy job, just have the flywheel lined up to resurface or replace that took the longest with me, and the cluth kit didnt have the throwout bearing so i had to run to napa :( but its a very easy job!

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
i had the help of a buddy who couldent change his own oil and we started sat morning and finished before the shop closed at 7pm its a very easy job, just have the flywheel lined up to resurface or replace that took the longest with me, and the cluth kit didnt have the throwout bearing so i had to run to napa :( but its a very easy job!
and with the right equipment of a shop.. its a really easy job

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
yeah u definitely want to go ahead and replace the throwout bearing.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
the shops around here wanted $900. me and doc can do a trans r&r in 3 hours with stock manifolds or shorties. long tubes are a motha to work around.

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
holy **** $900, they are ripping people off. the most expensive places around here to do it are only like $600, and this is DC. my shop charges $450, and i do it on the side for friends for $250, and give $50 to the shop.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
holy **** $900, they are ripping people off. the most expensive places around here to do it are only like $600, and this is DC. my shop charges $450, and i do it on the side for friends for $250, and give $50 to the shop.
hell then they wanted another $1600 to replace a 3/4 shift fork, shift pads, and sync's. yeah, the shops around here like to rip people a new one.

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
damn, i can pull a trans, do viper spec internals, and have it back in, in 5 hours total. with a T56 car with stock manifolds, or MAC's, or KOOKS headers i can do a complete clutch R&R in 1.5 hours. most of my T56 customers wait for clutch installs. thats why i only charger $250 on the side for a clutch, easiest $250 ive ever made, even in my driveway i can do them in 2 hours with minimal tools.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
my sister inlaw got charged $250, but she bought a 600 dollar clutch???

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
damn, i can pull a trans, do viper spec internals, and have it back in, in 5 hours total. with a T56 car with stock manifolds, or MAC's, or KOOKS headers i can do a complete clutch R&R in 1.5 hours. most of my T56 customers wait for clutch installs. thats why i only charger $250 on the side for a clutch, easiest $250 ive ever made, even in my driveway i can do them in 2 hours with minimal tools.
the t56 is a lot easier trans to pull than the t45. the t56 trans to bell bolts are external, and easily removed no matter the exhaust. the trans to bell bolts are located inside the bell housing on the t45, so the whole trans including bell has to come out all at the same time.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts