Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the track tonight and noticed something wasnt right after my first burnout. My second run wasnt to bad but on my third run, when I was coming out of the burnout box, instead of bogging down, the rpms jumped up and bounced off the rev limiter. Looks like time for clutch and flywheel!!

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Went to the track tonight and noticed something wasnt right after my first burnout. My second run wasnt to bad but on my third run, when I was coming out of the burnout box, instead of bogging down, the rpms jumped up and bounced off the rev limiter. Looks like time for clutch and flywheel!!

with a good mass air meter and a good dyno tune i should be joining you in the 12's real soon!:D i gotta pull my tranny and rebuild it along with a new clutch over the winter:yes

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
sorry to hear man. what times were you running?

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
12.8s with stock long block. Only thing done to the engine besides email tune is LTs and Throttle body/Plenum

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
12.8s with stock long block. Only thing done to the engine besides email tune is LTs and Throttle body/Plenum
longtubes are next in line for me after the trans rebuild. i was gonna get cams but not in my price range for now.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Too bad, what brand of clutch and flywheel were you going to replace it with?

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
going with a ram power grip and billet aluminum flywheel

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
going with a ram power grip and billet aluminum flywheel
Good clutch I hear. I just recently called Promotion and talked to Walt about a clutch replacement. He's very sharp on these things and set me up with a Super King Cobra, $245 shipped to my door. Although he offers much more expensive clutches, he was concerned about my T-45's 10 spline input shaft and suggested the SKC accordingly. So far I'm very pleased:D

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Last run on stock clutch. Still ran a 12.97 with it slipping.
[ame=http://s164.photobucket.com/albums/u4/xplodr150/?action=view&current=Racing004.flv]
[/ame]

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
How many miles you have? I'm thinking mines on its way... And what gears man? I wanna break in to the 12's before I supercharge...

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Odometer says 55k but there is less than that on there. When I bought the car, someone had already put 3:73s in it and never changed the computer for it so the odometer was putting on more miles than what was really driven. Didn't know it had gears until I went to put my 4:10s in.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Damn...I have 90,000 miles on my stocker... I wander if I can break into the 12's with 3.73's

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Think I may go with RAM Powergrip instead so its a little easier on the trans

1 - 14 of 14 Posts