Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
You need to stick to a 10.5 Clutch and a 10 spline thats the two things you need to worrie about it.ITs the same for the 5.0 and 4.6 cars not until mid to late 01 did the 4.6 cars come with a 11 inch clutch.

So Any clutch that says its for a 86-00 Will fit your car

I would go with this clutch if i were you.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/kingcobra.html

Stock Pedal feel with alot more clamping force its a Great all around clutch for a replacement.

the clutch you listed i would not put in my own car. you get what your pay for with a clutch and its only a matter of time before that $70 clutch comes apart, just my .02

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
^^thank you very much 330CubeGT

right, then will go for a king cobra kit...found one in ebay for half the price of what was in american muscle, could you confirm this would be good?

VALEO FMS MUSTANG KING COBRA CLUTCH KIT 5.0L 4.6L 86-01:eBay Motors (item 110469932102 end time Jan-12-10 22:03:46 PST)

also, would RAM Clutches be any good?

RAM HDX Clutch (86-Mid 00 GT and 93-98 Cobra) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!
Yessir, and No Problem.

Ram Clutches are good sure, but when compared to a King Cobra i wold say the King Cobra is better. Im personally a fan of Center Force And many other people like Spec (I don't) but then they start to get quite expensive.

The King Cobra clutch has been around for Year and Years and is still IMO The best dollar for dollar clutch.

But like i said this is mostly my opinion some people will tell you other wise and you don't have to go out and the the King cobra by no means but i would hate to see you buy some Cheap junk and have to replace it 2 months down the road because the clutch disk exploded or something stupid.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.