·
Registered
16,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are a few vids like that on youtube. I need to order my clutch today. I have it in the cart (american muscle) but now im all paranoid! lol

Debating on the Spec Stage 3 or 3+??

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Baker thats not the "normal" chatter they say you supposedly get, is it?

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i hope not. I was thinking chatter as in that "jerkiness" or studdering that some cars have to deal with.

·
Registered
697 Posts
That's not right at all. Sounds like his clutch linkage is out of adjustment and the TOB is slapping against the pressure plate.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
That sound makes me want to :puke

I dont know Baker.....thats kinda iffey. I dont know from experience but I have seen alot of people complaining about spec. That sound makes me paranoid for ya :D

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
I think I know exactly what that is. I had the same problem. The nut on the pivot arm on the clutch fork probally backed out. So the top of the clutch fork is hitting the pressure plate. That happend to me, and sounded just like that. Try getting a small mirror up there to see if thats what it is.

Also go with the Spec Stage 3+. From what 86er told me its a lot better. Its the spec stage 3 clutch disc, but with a modified spec stage 2 pressure plate giving you an easier pedal effort.

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah the 3+ is the one i will go with for sure.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
But check that nut on the pivot ball stud. Its way up there its a pita to get too. I took a open ended 7/8 wrench, cut it down so it was the length of my hand. Then reached up in the tranny, and guessed where it was. My elbow was in there, and got like 1/4" turns at a time. Sometimes I would completley forget where it was, and my arm would fall asleep. It took me like 2 hours to do it. But it beat dropping the tranny for one little bolt.

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thats not my car shaun... that was a vid on youtube. Im going to go ahead and get the clutch.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
OH...wow. Awkwardddddddd.

It was either that or a bad TOB.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Yeah does clutch even chatter when it neutral? I would think no. It was either the clutch fork hitting the pressure plate, or a horrible TOB.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts