Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Just trying to learn
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
needing to get a new clutch for the car. wondering which is the best clutch for my setup with out spending a bunch of money i have stock forged bottom end ford motorsports m cam performer rpm heads performer rpm2 intake 410 gears. want good quality with out spending a bunch of money.
thanks in advance!

·
Registered
152 Posts
I have a few mods on my car, full intake from air filter to heads, and a full exhaust and chip, I run a spec stage 2 and I love it, holds extremely well and it has low pedal effort while still retaining a good feel. Plus it was like $400 total for it, firewall adjuster, and a new clutch cable.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I437 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
5,066 Posts
My friend and I have a king cobra...

My setup is very similar to yours and it's never slipped on me, even after 5k of caning the crap out of it.

Use an OEM cable and you'll have a nice soft pedal. Good to go.

My next clutch I will try out a RAM clutch though.

Sent from my galaxy s II

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
needing to get a new clutch for the car. wondering which is the best clutch for my setup with out spending a bunch of money i have stock forged bottom end ford motorsports m cam performer rpm heads performer rpm2 intake 410 gears. want good quality with out spending a bunch of money.
thanks in advance!
I have always used the Centerforce Dual Friction. It grabs like a pissed off Gorilla and the pedal feel is almost as easy as a stock clutch.

·
Resident Know-it-all
2,964 Posts
"Not spending a lot of money", that statement threw me off. Most all the clutches mentioned here are in the same ballpark of price except one, the cobra clutch. When buying a clutch, money isnt the object, getting a clutch that will do the job and last is the object. Its an involved process swapping out a clutch and not something you want to do every few months or even every few years. Your combo doesnt necessitate a dual disc high dollar clutch, but it would be a good idea to spend 250 to 350 and get something that will take the abuse you,re gonna give it. Jmho. My point is, if money is an object, then say, what clutch under 200 bucks will get the job done, feel me? That narroes down the choices cosiderably.

·
PhD in Procrastinology
4,897 Posts
I run a stage 3 spec and like it. Nice, soft pedal for street ease and solid grab for racing.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I'm running a Ram HDX with the MM clutch cable kit and the pedal feel is close to stock. The Ram HDX is around 200 bucks last time I checked, and it says its rated for 400hp at the crank. My mods are in my sig and I have about 1500 miles on the clutch and have had no problems.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts