Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Idk there is obviously somethin wrong with the clutch and no1 is on my other forum.... well anyway, i was shifting into 2nd and right before i got in i cant describe what i felt but something broke now when i push the clutch down there is simply nothing there. I cant put it in gear, and to get it home had to roll it put it in 2nd then turn the car on and give it gas

HELP!

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah thats what i thought thanks man

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
uhhhh where can i find the cable?

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lol no like where in the car

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lol well i just unscrewed the little thing from the firewall in the engine bay and it still seems like the cable is intact...... ?

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
no Quiet!

Which end where it conects to the pedal or where it connects to the tranny

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
lol
thanks man

rep points

·
Registered
306 Posts
yeh i had this happen to me, cept i wuz rough housing mine and stomped the clutch n switched gears and bam, no more pressure in clutch. Ofcourse i was ignorant to mechanic parts and ended up payin 600 bucks for an entire new clutch from some expensive ass shop that ofcourse tells you "your entire clutch is bad"

I wish i ATLEAST would have bought a King Cobra or some type of upgraded clutch to be installed instead of a new OEM, but hey u live and you learn. now i'll just torture this clutch untill i throw in a king clutch.

·
Registered
36 Posts
what about your adjustable quadrant.. it is just plastic and sometimes they will strip and stop working

·
Registered
299 Posts
stock cable is un adjustable....

·
Registered
299 Posts
Mustang Clutch Adjuster Kit (96-04) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping! buy this clutch cable/adjuster/quadrant kit and fix all three problems our car faces no clutch adjustability/stretching cables/and plastic quadrant

this will make your clutch more adjustable to your liking at the pedal i have it in my 97 5.4L GT and i love it ;> much better then the old stock cable.....

just have fun getting the old clutch cable quadrant off the large part is a sinch but the little part that comes with it is a complete pain in the ass the way ford installed the spring but the new one will install problem free ;> and its only 1 peice not 2

·
Registered
36 Posts
you can adjust your stock cable there is a trick to it.. it is not easy to explain though... I will try to think about how I would word it out and I will post the answer...... It is quite easy to do once you know how though. Also I have heard from a few speed shops that you do not want to use an adjustable cable over the stock.. just becasue you are constantly adjusting them

1 - 20 of 22 Posts