Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
MM's Resident Ginger
2,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay so i know i've posted a thread about this before but this one is more for opinion. So when shifting at higher RPMs from 2nd-3rd gear, it WILL NOT go into third...and fourth grinds. 3rd doesn't grind, its just like it isn't there at all. none of the other gears do it. also i can feel second and third have a slight "catch" where i can feel it grind when i put it in gear but i can't hear it under normal driving. So my question is...do you guys think its internal transmission (ie. syncros etc) or my clutch. i'd love to get back to being able to race on occasion and not bein able to get into third makes it impossible.:( thanks yall

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
Go try and double clutch shift from 2-3 see it goes in, if it does its more likely synchros, but if it doesn't then its most likely the 2-3 fork

·
Registered
638 Posts
broke your shift fork...i just did the same thing. i have no 3rd or 4th gear.

·
MM's Resident Ginger
2,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
double clutching doesn't help...the only thing i can do is let the RPMs drop for about 5 seconds. or just put it in 5th

·
Registered
387 Posts
ask black_blurr99 about sift forks, he gernaded his tranny at the track on sunday, great lauch sorry run though. speaking of the t56 upgrade what all is involved with that, i figure shifter, crossmember, driveshaft but what else and what are the benefits of the T56.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
ask black_blurr99 about sift forks, he gernaded his tranny at the track on sunday, great lauch sorry run though. speaking of the t56 upgrade what all is involved with that, i figure shifter, crossmember, driveshaft but what else and what are the benefits of the T56.
T-56 Kit 94-04
benefits: a MUCH stronger tranny, and improved performance & epa due to the extra gear. IMO that is a win win

·
Registered
638 Posts
T-56 Kit 94-04
benefits: a MUCH stronger tranny, and improved performance & epa due to the extra gear. IMO that is a win win
its also a heavier transmission and you would have to upgrade the flywheel, driveshaft etc

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
double clutching doesn't help...the only thing i can do is let the RPMs drop for about 5 seconds. or just put it in 5th
Thats definatly the fork then.

T-56 Kit 94-04

The 56 is nice. But for the cost of the swap and the tranny you can get a built 3650 that will hold the same if not more than the 56 and just bolt right back in. Not to mention obviously the girl likes banging gears and the 2-3 on the 56 is a PITA compared to the 3650 and 45.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
its also a heavier transmission and you would have to upgrade the flywheel, driveshaft etc
The T-56 weigh between (depending on application) 115-129 lbs. The T-3650 weighs 120 lbs. It's really not heavier at all...

·
Registered
2,238 Posts

·
Retired MM Ninjas
12,556 Posts
Their prices are pretty good I buy alot stuff from. Justin has the viper trans in his car and he loves it. I was thinking about it but not yet. I'm still gonna try to snag one from a wrecked termi.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts